No NBMEs left, how do I assess?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camng11

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a third year d.o. student planning to take step 1 in 2 months. How do I assess where Im at in terms of scores if I did all the NBMEs/UWSA's/free 120 and Uworld questions during dedicated from last summer? I remember some but not all the questions when I'm redoing Uworld questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome yo.

1. Learn the topics/diseases/concept....... follow up with application.
1a: How would Disease A differ from Disease B?
Example: Kawasaki Disease vs Scarlet fever? Both will have Sore throat, but Scarlet will have exudate on the post-oropharynx. Both will have Cervical Lymphadenopathy, but Kawasaki will have 1 single Cervical Lymphadenopathy.​
1b: How would this disease present?
Example 1:Sickle cell Disease --> Usually an African American Kid, with prior history of admission treated with analgesics.
Example 2: Sarcoidosis --> Usually African American woman (Strongest Risk factor is her ethnicity) with perihilar adenopathy + systemic symptoms / High CD4+/CD8+ [BAL]​
2. Go over your weaknesses.
3. Drugs --> Know the MOA, indications and contraindications (high yield for pharm)
2a: n = 1; SketchyPharm didn't help as much as I thought​
3. Know the pathophysiology for all of the diseases. UWORLD did a good job on this, followed up with Pathoma.
3a. Read Giojan, high-yield to fill in the small gaps/details [if you have the time of Course]​
4. KNOW YOUR AGE-RELATED CHANGES
4a: First Aid covers it
4b: Giojan has a chart [Thumbs up]​
5. Review Review Review.......

If you like, you can message me and I can send you all of my charts I made. Here is a preview of one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.11.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 6.11.42 PM.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 3 users
You had your dedicated study time last year and are restudying? What were your scores then?