No more II's since early August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO_or_Die

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. I received 3 II's in early August and have about 8 DO schools left that I'm waiting to hear back from. I submitted all secondaries late July. With it having been almost two months since then and now October, is that pretty conclusive that I won't be receiving any more interviews? I know that the DO cycle runs longer, but the forums were popping all through September and I had thought I would have heard something more during that time rather. Thank you, this process is just kind of daunting!

Members don't see this ad.

you can receive interview invites all the way until March-April-May ish.

No news is good news. There are thousands of apps to review, and they are not reviewed chronologically

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, all. I received 3 II's in early August and have about 8 DO schools left that I'm waiting to hear back from. I submitted all secondaries late July. With it having been almost two months since then and now October, is that pretty conclusive that I won't be receiving any more interviews? I know that the DO cycle runs longer, but the forums were popping all through September and I had thought I would have heard something more during that time rather. Thank you, this process is just kind of daunting!
Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Not directed at you, OP, but SDNers are advised to not to have the mindset of “I sent in my apps; where are my IIs???!!!”

Reactions: 1 user
Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Not directed at you, OP, but SDNers are advised to not to have the mindset of “I sent in my apps; where are my IIs???!!!”
Thank you, Goro! Yes, it just feels like time is moving so slowly at the current moment. It will be nice to have an acceptance in the hand so that I can start preparing where I will be living, etc.

I'm in the same exact boat as you. I recommend focusing on interview preparation and maybe you'll get more interviews during that time! It helps with the worrying. Be happy with the interviews you earned and best of luck!