no interviews yet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigereyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my OATS in late december and scored 370 (AA) and 340 (TS). My gpa is only a 3.0 but I was really confused in the beginning about what to major in or what i wanted to pursue. I've shadowed various optometrists, worked as a optometric technician for over a year, and have extracurricular activities. I know I applied late in the game ( I didn't have my apps complete until Feb) and seats are filling up and it's more competitive now, but I thought I would atleast get interviews. i didn't hear positive responses from suny and ico this past week and am really worried. my only other options are neco and pco and everytime i call they say they've reviewed my application but don't know when i will hear a response back. i don't know what thats suppsoed to mean because my friends are applyin with me and they already have interviews? i'm really worried and might have to reapply. i was wondering if anyone had a similiar experience? what should i do in my year off? is it okay to ask admissins counselor what they didnt like and improve on it or no? please help im losing hope!:scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad.

i think u mean 340 AA and 370 TS right? cause if you have 370 AA is super and you don't have to worry. i think they might be hesitant cause of the verbal score.

Members don't see this ad :)
well as far as I know SUNY's last interview date was 3/31, so sorry it's bad news, but PCO might have some seats left because their cycle runs later (till June I believe... I could be wrong though. )

I think applying early is key and if you take a year off do something productive...take more classes to boost your GPA or get a job with an optometrist (not just shadow unless ur doing grad courses too). If you don't get in this year, just apply early next year and make sure they know u aren't sitting on your *** waiting to be accepted. BUT there are seats left places, and your OAT scores are good, but ur GPA is not competative enough to "garantee" a spot at this point since its so late in the cycle...I think u will have a better shot if you wait a year, but don't give up now and just be very insistive and try to boost yourself ASAP with experience and whatnot while you can. make sure you tell the schools what ur doing and update them daily so they know you are motivated.