No Interviews in October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iammar

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an undergrad senior applying this cycle.

I have a 3.65 sGPA, and a 3.8 cGPA. MCAT score 510.

I have plenty of bench and clinical research experience. I am president of a club and on the board of another. I have 100+ hours of experience volunteering in clinics. I have also worked a job all four years of college.

I had 10+ people read over my personal statement and provide feedback. Two of my letters of rec were from bio professors, one was from my lab PI, and the fourth was from the manager of the clinic I worked at. All of whom I have great relationships with.

I applied to 18 schools and haven't heard anything back. I submitted all of my apps my early/mid august. I had a lot of safety schools on my list, and only two reaches.

Is it to early to be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

First thoughts are that the Thanksgiving rule still applies. You didn't apply early, but you are not necessarily late - not being in the first wave of applications reviewed may help account for no II yet. However, I wonder if you applied to enough schools. Your stats are basically average/low average for all applicants . Do you live in a "lucky" state? If you are in an "unlucky" state, many will apply to 25+ schools. How do your stats measure up to your state flagship - I assume you applied there. At this point, unless you want to fire off a bunch of DO applications, all you can do is wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers say you'll interview, and probably be accepted. It's only late in SDN world, really you're just not first in line.

Be patient and always have a backup plan at the ready. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
The August people are just starting to hear back this week.

Reactions: 2 users
The August people are just starting to hear back this week.
how do you know this? i was complete at most schools in august and i hope this is more than an opinion lol although as im writing this i am almost 100% sure its not more than some anecdotal evidence...regardless feel free to share because it will probably make me feel better lol :)

I have plenty of bench and clinical research experience. I am president of a club and on the board of another. I have 100+ hours of experience volunteering in clinics. I have also worked a job all four years of college.

I had 10+ people read over my personal statement and provide feedback. Two of my letters of rec were from bio professors, one was from my lab PI, and the fourth was from the manager of the clinic I worked at. All of whom I have great relationships with.

I applied to 18 schools and haven't heard anything back. I submitted all of my apps my early/mid august. I had a lot of safety schools on my list, and only two reaches.

Nearly identical stats, same completion date, also havent heard back. Hope we get some good news soon!

I have similar stats--slightly lower GPA and slightly higher MCAT. I was complete 8/25 at most schools (committee letter...) and was going insane with complete radio silence. Finally, yesterday and then today I got two II. I think the fact that before yesterday I had not gotten any rejections or interviews (which seems like the case for you as well) suggests that my application just hadn't really been reviewed yet. Whoever said "it's only late in SDN world" is right. The fact is that interview season is September through March and it's still October. Plenty of time to hear some good news!

Reactions: 2 users
how do you know this? i was complete at most schools in august and i hope this is more than an opinion lol although as im writing this i am almost 100% sure its not more than some anecdotal evidence...regardless feel free to share because it will probably make me feel better lol :)

Just look at the school specific threads. A lot of interviews are going out to August people now.

When I applied in 2015, I had my first interview in early December and was accepted at that school (my top choice) a few days after. I had very high stats but red flags that affected my GPA. Your GPA and/or MCAT could have sorted you to later II pools. That's what happened to me: 36 A+s in a row but a string of seven or so WFs from years earlier (signed up for random classes but never went). Dragged my GPA to a 3.3, so I got late interviews and likely autorejects from many schools despite 99%ile MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users