No interview invite yet thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stenosis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if we who haven't as yet been shown some love by the programs out there could share our sorrows and comfort each other. If you are in the same boat as me (insert tears here) please announce it. Maybe that would help me sleep better tonight and the night after. Thanks for your support.

Members don't see this ad.

Stenosis - which specialty are you going into? Just curious...

No invites here.. I feel your sorrow.

Applications have been downloaded, but NO interviews, yet! Hang in there, hopefully some good news will come our way soon...

alot of people in SDN have scores of >230 and research etc etc, in other words the perfect CV. So dont get down because you see people in SDN with alot of interviews.

Well, I though that with my scores (240+) I wouldn't be on the bottom of the list either, but what kills me is being a foreign grad (non-citizen)
But hey, it's not like I had a choice so I'm not gonna kick myself in the butt for that.:rolleyes:

Well, I though that with my scores (240+) I wouldn't be on the bottom of the list either, but what kills me is being a foreign grad (non-citizen)
But hey, it's not like I had a choice so I'm not gonna kick myself in the butt for that.:rolleyes:

How many programs did you apply too? What specialty? Are they all very competitive? Are some of them IMG friendly?

How many programs did you apply too? What specialty? Are they all very competitive? Are some of them IMG friendly?

I applied to appr. 45 anesthesia programs (both categorical and advanced) and 20 preliminary programs.
I applied to both top tier and lower tier, university and community based.
One interview so far - U.Pittsburgh anesthesia. No preliminary interviews yet.

I applied to appr. 45 anesthesia programs (both categorical and advanced) and 20 preliminary programs.
I applied to both top tier and lower tier, university and community based.
One interview so far - U.Pittsburgh anesthesia. No preliminary interviews yet.

Hey Venus. Get off the thread at least you got something. :cool: Prerequisites to post here includes: Depression AND NO Interviews.

1 interview qualifies for depression but doesn't qualify for no interviews.;)

Hey Venus. Get off the thread at least you got something. :cool: Prerequisites to post here includes: Depression AND NO Interviews.

1 interview qualifies for depression but doesn't qualify for no interviews.;)

OK, now that I got ONE interview I will get off the thread. See ya in the "one interview invite so far" thread :D

Hey Venus i guess i will join you in the One interview thread. I just got shown some love by morehouse today. But I guess I am still far from being content.
Nways, fingers stay crossed.

Did you apply to only top programs?

That would be sabotage don't you think?
No seriously, I applied widely (at least that's what I thought).
But if you can give me a list of 10 absolutely bottom programs I will be happy to apply to those (if I haven't yet)