No Fault Insurance for Motor Vehicle Accidents is useless!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eugenie98

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No Fault PIP insurance is utterly useless, NO ONE ACCEPTS IT!

I was in an accident on March 5th in Westchester, NY, where I hit a patch of ice on an exit ramp and went into a spin into the retaining wall. I had a black eye and some lacerations, and was taken to the ER. I also had ringing in my ear and have had a floater in my left eye that has not gone away, as well as some cloudiness of vision that has since improved.

Unfortunately, other than my family physician in Brooklyn, I have been unable to find a single ophthalmologist who accepts no fault. After 4 days of searching, I found an ENT who takes no fault, though he has an extremely poor rating on health grades.

I have excellent private health insurance, but because the injury is a result of a motor vehicle accident, I have to use my PIP car insurance coverage.

At this point I'm getting desperate... what the hell are you supposed to do if you're in a car accident? Go blind and deaf?

This also begs the question, is there a point to paying for $100k PIP coverage (well above the state mandated level), if I can't even use it?

Members don't see this ad.