No D.O's in my town!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobg504

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was just wondering what should I do about the D.O. LOR since there are NO D.O.s in my town or the surrounding towns. I am from Louisiana and go to school in Baton Rouge and there are NO D.O.'s there and NONE in my home town. What do you guys think I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

Address: 6767 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Telephone: (504) 763-8500/ (800) 375-9505
Fax: (504) 763-6122
Michael Decaire, Director
Program Name: Louisiana Physician Health Program

Members don't see this ad :)
There are no programs offered in Osteopathic Medicine in Louisiana. The nearest program is:

University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth
3500 Camp Bowie
Fort Worth, TX 76107
(817) 735-2000

There are no schools of osteopathic medicine in Louisiana, but there are many DOs practicing in Louisiana as well as in Baton Rouge.

I hope this helps.

I know. I thought it would be nice to give extra information.

To the OP-

I just thought I'd mention that a D.O. letter is not required at many D.O. schools (though recommended). I was accepted at UMDNJ-SOM without one (however, I do have a letter from an M.D. I worked with). I guess it all kind of depends on your whole application.

No matter who writes your letter, make sure they know you well enough to write a good one. I think adcoms can tell when a letter is written by someone who doesn't know you well.

Good Luck!!

~smilez :)