no admissions yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mili

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
dear all,
its nice to see that many of you are done with the admissions .congratulations to you all.I have had no luck so far.I just wanted to know..am i the only one who is not done with admissions...or are there many like me.Moreover i also wanted to know if should I hope to get admissions or its too late now??any feed back will be appreciated
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
i am also in the same situation.i got 84 ndb,248 toefl,gpa3.3.i did not hear from any schools yet for an interview,i took ndb this 2003 dec only.may be all the interviews are over????? i have no idea. can u share your scores and when you took the ndb with us?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi honest dentist
would you plese tell me which universities
did you apply
and where r you from?

There's still a whole lot of Waiting List movement expected to happen, AND if they bench law gets passed anytime soon, they will be even more application withdrawals. So don't give up just yet. You can tell from the IDP Acceptance List, there are multiple acceptances who haven't made up their minds yet.

To which schools did you guys apply? Did all of you applied late?

Good Luck.

hi mili,
i am sailing in the same boat. as meggs said let us just hope for the best.

Originally posted by mili
dear all,
its nice to see that many of you are done with the admissions .congratulations to you all.I have had no luck so far.I just wanted to know..am i the only one who is not done with admissions...or are there many like me.Moreover i also wanted to know if should I hope to get admissions or its too late now??any feed back will be appreciated
thank you

hi mili,

Same thing here.....had interveiw at NYU and waiting for reply.
But dont loose hopes we will get somewhere.

hi meggs,
thanks for giving us some hope.if i take part 2 will it help?
honest

hi....

i took my nbde 1 in july 2003, got 83%, 257--toefl, 3.4 gpa.

i had applied to nyu in october..... and i havent heard anything from them.+pissed+

not knowing what to do..... :(

when would be the last date.... we could keep some kind of hopes on getting admission for this year....????

reply will be appreciated.

thanks.

cud u pleeze share ur part 1 score milli.

hi all,
i am hoping against hopes tht we all too get in somewhere..
my stats are part 1-89,gpa-3.6,toefl 253

Hi Mili,
your stats are pretty decent.. u should get it.. where did u apply and where did u interview at?

Members don't see this ad :)
You must be on some of the waitlists, are n't you. you have very decent scores.

The whole waitlist system is very time taking and you would never know what are the chances. We just have to keep our hopes high thats it.

Can you tell us your waitlist status.

hi ketu,mili and ann

finally i got a interview call from nyu.....i scheduled for march 25th...its the earliest date i got........folks do u have any idea about the seats left in nyu........is my date of interview too late to get a admission.........hoping for the best.

Originally posted by ganesha
........folks do u have any idea about the seats left in nyu........is my date of interview too late to get a admission.........hoping for the best.

NYU has well over a 100 IDP spots AND they are the MOST expensive program ('cause of the 3 year thing). So even if they get full, I'm sure they'll have a wayyyyyy lot of waiting list movement. Plus, living the Manhanttan lifestyle while you're still a student, isn't exactly the best financial choice (assuming you actually HAVE a choice). So.... don't get discouraged.

congratulations,

Dont worry they have lot of seats, and it is not at all late for the interveiw.
Instead I came to know that some got into NYU at the end of july just a week before the school starts.

so keep your fingers crossed and go confiently for the interveiw.

ketu

Originally posted by 1star
hi....

i took my nbde 1 in july 2003, got 83%, 257--toefl, 3.4 gpa.

i had applied to nyu in october..... and i havent heard anything from them.+pissed+

not knowing what to do..... :(

when would be the last date.... we could keep some kind of hopes on getting admission for this year....????

reply will be appreciated.

thanks.

Hi Star1 !
Jus a friendly advice...u can give part -1 again .
u have a gr8 GPA seems like u can do better at NBD-1...so why not give it a shot.

Hi friends,
all of you who are waiting for acceptances don't lose heart.I am one of you.Just finished my interviews yesterday and waiting of reply.
All those waiting to hear from NYU take a deep breath and keep waiting ,most of the people I know or met at the interviews had got through NYU but would preferably select another school so there would lots of waiting list people cleared..
Take care and all the best:)

Hi vashista,
check your pm

I am in the same boat .....I can undarstand our situation.
I feel more frustrating when u send application to schools and they don't even bother to call u for interview.
Now I have a feeling like I have lost this year.
Part 1 86
part2 88
toefl-243
gpa 2.98
should I write my part1 again?
any opinion on this?

Hi ganesha,:clap: Conratulations

ALL THE VERY BEST.....for the interveiw

I think you made a wise decision.

Originally posted by ddsfight
I am in the same boat .....I can undarstand our situation.
I feel more frustrating when u send application to schools and they don't even bother to call u for interview.
Now I have a feeling like I have lost this year.
Part 1 86
part2 88
toefl-243
gpa 2.98
should I write my part1 again?
any opinion on this?

I would suggest that retake TOEFL.. u have good part 2 score and an excellent GPA.. most schools require above 250 in TOEFL. What schools did u apply to this year?

thanx a lot everyone for the kind words...
schools from california dint even call me...waiting to hear from NYU,marquette..bu i have intrviewed and my application is witheld for now..and upenn i got rejected.like ddsfight said..it hurts even more when schools dont even bother to call u for an interview...but i am gonna hang in there...and am preparing myself to be a better applicant next year...:)

ketu congratulations on ur accpetance...:clap:

oops ..i forgot..ganesha good luck to u for the interview..do well:clap:

hi mili,

thks...................

hey u dont worry............u will get a call from nyu......u call them and ask ur application status,they will surely go through it n it will really help u........

BELIEVE IN GOD NOTHING WILL GO WRONG.

Hi ddsfight,
have you applied to NYU and BU.just be calm and have hope.I am sure lots of waiting will be cleared within the coming months.
Take care

Originally posted by mili
thanx a lot everyone for the kind words...
schools from california dint even call me...waiting to hear from NYU,marquette..bu i have intrviewed and my application is witheld for now..and upenn i got rejected.like ddsfight said..it hurts even more when schools dont even bother to call u for an interview...but i am gonna hang in there...and am preparing myself to be a better applicant next year...:)

ketu congratulations on ur accpetance...:clap:
Hi mili,
I heard from someone thats marquette is not such a good school(not confirmed) and since its of three year duration and space based I think NYU or boston is a better option.
Just an advice..
take care

.... i have no choice other than nyu.........since all the deadlines all over for this yr..........instead of waiting for 1yr at home its better to join this yr..........any time i prefer to join nyu or upenn . we cant be sure of a seat in upenn anytime....so i decided on this.............cost wise lets not think of that,anything in usa is costly..................what is ur opinion.

I would have done the same thing. Assuming they pick me, of course.

hi pink tooth n mili,

i also heard from someone that marquette is not a good school and it is also located in bad area.......

hi meggs,

if they pick me only......otherwise i have to wait for next year.............no other way.

hi sree.

thks

hi,

i too am waiting to hear from schools. i do not have hopes left on this year admissionos, so have started preparing for part 2. i interviewed at BUand Upenn in january. i got a rject from Nyu. have not heard from Marquette as yet. my stats are: part 1-88, toefl: 287, GPA-2.53. I think my GPA is going to give me a tought time getting into school here.

sanju

hi sanju,

got rejection from nyu after the interview............who took ur interview..............iam scared now.......i have my interview coming up.............u have a good scores.........pls share ur interview experience.

hi sanju,

got rejection from nyu after the interview............who took ur interview..............iam scared now.......i have my interview coming up.............u have a good scores.........pls share ur interview experience.

hi ganesha,
i got a reject letter from NYU without a interview call. i think it is because of my low GPA. do not worry. just give your best shot at the interview and all the best.

sanju

Originally posted by Sanju
hi,

i too am waiting to hear from schools. i do not have hopes left on this year admissionos, so have started preparing for part 2. i interviewed at BUand Upenn in january. i got a rject from Nyu. have not heard from Marquette as yet. my stats are: part 1-88, toefl: 287, GPA-2.53. I think my GPA is going to give me a tought time getting into school here.

sanju

you have a good status,its strange that you have been rejected by NYU,how was your interview?

Hi sanju,
Are you sure your application at NYU was complete and gpa was the reason they did not call you for interview?
Did you call them and ask them?
Take care and don't lose hope you still have to hear from UPenn and BU

that's true pinktooth. even i received rejection letter from NYU and when i called them and asked about it they told me that it was because of my gpa. my gpa is same as sanju. after hearing that i am really scared,i don't know whether i'll be able to get admission at any college in U.S with such low gpa.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by ram7378
.... after hearing that i am really scared,i don't know whether i'll be able to get admission at any college in U.S with such low gpa.:confused: :confused: :confused:

ram, there's nothing you can do to improve your GPA. But you can always improve your other stats and the rest of your application.

I am not sure how does it help but as far as I know you can improve your gpa by attending community college.
I dont think anyone goes for it.

ram dont take tension many schools dont consider gpa as a sole purpose of reveiwing application.

hi rams n sanju,

dont worry ...............i dont think anyother schools consider gpa as main thing........i know people who got through with less gpa.....so just keep ur fingers crossed..........

hi meggs, ketu, and ganesha,

Thanks a lot for your support. i hope everything goes well at boston interview. thanks a lot guys:) :)

hi pink tooth,
thanx for the information..but since marquette hasnt called me for an interview..so i guess..i dont have to worry about it anymore..:)

Originally posted by pinktooth
Hi mili,
I heard from someone thats marquette is not such a good school(not confirmed) and since its of three year duration and space based I think NYU or boston is a better option.
Just an advice..
take care

ram 7378,
all the best for the bu interview.just be confident & cool.
all our wishes are with you.
pearlindia.

Dear Friends,
I finally got a call from NYU.By the time i called in to schedule my interview all the slots were filled for 25th of March so i asked them to block it for the 15th of April.I hope i get through.I called BU and what they told me was that the seats for this year have been taken and that i could try for next yr.Anyways, hoping for the best.
Mili, I personally feel u should call up NYU again and find out the status of ur application.Ketu, Honest Dentist, Ram and Anjoliey don't lose heart.The best will surely come your way.

Oops sorry Ram i didn't see the post about u getting a call from BU.
All The Best!!! Hope n pray u get the seat.:thumbup:

Wow Pallavi!
Fantastic work.you are too good.
keep up the good work and hope we get to see many more wonderful pieces of art in the future.You surely must think about a career as an artist too.Art , be it in the form of painting, dancing, singing, playing music or any other brings out the inner beauty in a person and gives them that special glow.
Feel gifted and blessed for the same.
Good going and God bless!!!
wish you the very best for the future.

Originally posted by pearlindia
ram 7378,
all the best for the bu interview.just be confident & cool.
all our wishes are with you.
pearlindia.

hi pearlinda,
thanks a lot . how is your part 2 preparation going on?
good luck.:thumbup:

Originally posted by elementz
Oops sorry Ram i didn't see the post about u getting a call from BU.
All The Best!!! Hope n pray u get the seat.:thumbup:

hi elementz,
thanks and wish you the same for nyu interview. hope everything goes well for all of us.

Hi elementz,
could you tell me whether you called up BU to schedule an appointment or inquire about your application status.And when did you call?
thanks,take care

hi ram 7378,
my prep is goin on .its ok not gained momentum yet.i hope u make it in the bu interview.
best wishes.