nmat test date 2007 for admission 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

green

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
u.s. grad wanting to apply to de la salle for admission this year (2007) but have not taken the nmat. does anyone know if there is a 2007 test date here in the states and if there is will those scores be ok for admission 2007 or am i too late? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

u.s. grad wanting to apply to de la salle for admission this year (2007) but have not taken the nmat. does anyone know if there is a 2007 test date here in the states and if there is will those scores be ok for admission 2007 or am i too late? :confused:

From personal experience and from the general course of the threads here, I think your a little too late. Though Im taking it from the context that you'll be entering La Salle... hmmm

though it may not be too late for medicine- UERM may still accept you even if your an april taker of the NMAT... very rare but hopefully, with the downslide of medschools and medicine as a whole, they might. UERM is one of the best medschools here in the Philippines.

Do more research with it though... hoping for the best with you

You can email the contact person of CEM in the US here.

MR. GODFREY VERGARA
P.O. Box 3553
Granada Hills, CA 91394-0553
U.S.A.
Mobile No.: 818-6124490 or 818-9977117

E-mail: [email protected]

You can ask him if there are any available testing dates in the US on or before April '07, otherwise you must take it here in April. The NMAT in the US was held last October. You can try calling the DLSU-HSC Registrar's Office if they are still open to accept applicants who will take the April '07 NMAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
can i ask where i could get application forms of NMAT for April 2007 in Cebu or Davao because im currently in Mindanao and I need to know exactly where in those places can I get the forms for April2007 testing date in Manila

NMAT in the Philippines

Test date: April 15, 2007

Date of Registration: February 5 to March 9, 2007

Test Center : Manila

Registration Fee: P500.00 (Bulletin of Information, Practice Set Parts I & II)

Testing Fee: P1,400.00

Luzon Offices, click here.
For Visayas, click here, and for Mindanao, click here

thanks for the fast reply marbles..

thanks for the info.. ive read some posts earlier wherein it was mentioned that, NMAT 2007 takers are already too late to enroll for the SY2007-2008. so if i take the NMAT this april 2007 and say i pass, it will be then eligible for SY2008-2009, is that right? and if i dont pass it, can i take it on dec. again? or should i wait for another year before i can retake it?

GoddessMD....Your initial assumption is wrong. NMAT 2007 takers are NOT too late to enroll for the SY2007-2008. You can take the NMAT in Manila in April and you CAN start medical school in the Philippines.

Some of the big schools like UST have closed their enrollment for 2007, but many other schools, like Fatima and AUF, have not. These schools will accept you (pending your April scores, and assuming you are otherwise qualified) and you can start school in June of this year.

For more information, contact the individual schools that interest you. Every school has it's own policies.

thanks. saipan. anyway, how long is the validity of the NMAT results? we're still preparing for the money so we're still not sure when i could really enroll.. but anyway, jst for more info, can i still the results it for the year SY 2008-2009 or the year afterwards when i take it on april 2007? and say, if i fail when i take it on april, can i take it on december 2007 again? hoping for your reply. thanks so much

I'm not sure how long the results remain valid. But it's sure to be at least a couple of years.

Your results are definitely good for the SY 2008/9.

And yes, if you are not happy with your result, you may sit the NMAT again in December.

okay.. thanks so much saipan for helping me out.. by the way.. i have my NMAT application form here already.. waaaah! wish me luck! :)

You can email the contact person of CEM in the US here.

MR. GODFREY VERGARA
P.O. Box 3553
Granada Hills, CA 91394-0553
U.S.A.
Mobile No.: 818-6124490 or 818-9977117

E-mail: [email protected]

You can ask him if there are any available testing dates in the US on or before April '07, otherwise you must take it here in April. The NMAT in the US was held last October. You can try calling the DLSU-HSC Registrar's Office if they are still open to accept applicants who will take the April '07 NMAT.

Is there anywere online that posts upcomming nmat test dates and applications (US) or is it only available through request? I tried emailing this guy but he has not gotten back to me, maybe I'll try to call next.

NMAT result valid for three years. Good Luck for you guys, there is no too late for April taker. The admission nowadays is more flexible since the drop of applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm fairly new here on this forum...
I'm going to be applying as an international medical student...I'm going to be taking the NMAT most probably in October, but I have a few questions...

The NMAT... what exactly is on there?
Basic Biology...Chemisty (Organic and Inorganic)...Physics...Math (Trigonometry, Geometry, Algebra...Pre-Calc/Cal?)...

Am I missing anything? Or are some of these not included? i.e. some of the math?...am I underestimating this exam?

What else am I missing? I know that's not all of it...

Do we have to write essays? or read essays..etc. etc.?

Please reply...(preferably someone who already took the test)
Thank you!

in my nmat, we also had social sciences (which i was clueless about hehe) and there were also IQ-type questions, like figures, pinpointing which sentence was wrong and number sequences... those sorts of things. :D

when i applied for NMAT, i got an exam reviewer, a sort-of mock mini-exam so i'd be guided on what were the question types they used.

in my nmat, we also had social sciences (which i was clueless about hehe)

Hi Kitty...thanks for your reply!

What kind of social science questions did they have? I'm super clueless about this too! EEK! :confused:

Hi Kitty...thanks for your reply!

What kind of social science questions did they have? I'm super clueless about this too! EEK! :confused:

i think the social science questions weren't too specialized, basic stuff on the subject like culture and some philosophy. hmmm i honestly can't remember them right now. :rolleyes:

sorry!

by the way, there won't be any essay-writing, unless they've changed the format. ;)

hi to all! i'm new here. currently a junior premed student, hoping to take up medicine in the states. havent taken the NMAT, that's why i'm researching infos about it. i'm planning on hanging out on hospitals this summer, but apparently i'm grounded so :cool: anyway, good luck and blessed holy week to everyone!!!

NMAT will be this coming Sunday, April 15, 2007, Manila
Happy Testing to all the examinees, good luck :)

.. ive read some posts earlier wherein it was mentioned that, NMAT 2007 takers are already too late to enroll for the SY2007-2008.
Not true. There's not much big enrolment in the colleges of medicine in the Philippines. Just try to inquire at the respective schools. Though it is true that a few med schools have stopped accepting already, there are still a lot of other schools open for admission.

Refer to the NMAT bulletin for the list of med schools in the Phils. The list comes with telephone numbers for your guidance.

good luck to everyone who took the nmat today! :)

Hated My Nmat- Took It Once And Made Me Eligible For Ust Only, Wish Up Could Admit April Nmat Takers... Sayang Talaga :(

nmat's applicable for three years pa, i think :D

pero, diba it's final that you're going to UST na?

nmat's applicable for three years pa, i think :D

pero, diba it's final that you're going to UST na?

Yeah- its final na im gonna go to UST, di ko maaaford na magpadelay pa ng isang taon for medicine. Im just gonna make the best of it

HI!

I'm an incoming 3rd yr. college and I have a few questions regarding the NMAT.

-are there any forms or requirements that I need to submit before I can take the test?

-is it true that you can take the NMAt 2x. Like, if you get a low grade on your first, you can take it again on your 4th yr. in college?

Thanks!

i'm an incoming fourth year nursing student and am planning to take up medicine by June 2008...

hope the nmat won't be in conflict with my review for the nursing board exam...

haaaay...

Anyway, when is the class starting?:confused: :sleep: :hardy:

hi you guys. im selling my MSA NMAT reviewer for 300 flat (+ 50 for the shipment) bought it at national bookstore for 648 bucks. GOOD ADS NEW.. contact me at 09177570679.. :oops:

do any of you guys know if the schedule of application for the december NMAT's out already?i missed that of last march's so i'm trying to inquire about the upcoming as early as i can (presuming that this is indeed still early?) :)

Firefly,

The official NMAT schedule won't be out for months.

But unofficially, it is held on the second Sunday every April and December. And it will continue to be held on the second Sunday of these two months unless CEM decides in the future to change the schedule for some unknown reason.

So be ready to register when November rolls around.

Absolutely not. Your NMAT package from CEM will contain a sample exam. Review it thoroughly. Save your money.

i agree with Saipan.

but if you feel you won't be able to have the energy to organize your review, you could enlist outside help like review centers.

good luck! :thumbup:

hi guys! next nmat exam will be on december right? When can I apply for it? My course in Dlsu isnt science related that is why I need the free practice set given when you pay for nmat.

I also read here http://www.cem-inc.org.ph/nmat-requirements_procedures.html that I need 15 units of bio and 10 units of chem. I only have 6 for each.

yes, the venue for this year nmat exam are the ff: oct 27 in chicago and nov 03 in los angeles. participants in this exam are those candidates for the sch.yr 2008-2009. results of the exam are good for three(3) years.
i hope this help for now. my cell ph. (818) 612-4490; email add: [email protected]. best wishes, godfrey vergara, cem/nmat coordinator.

hi guys! next nmat exam will be on december right? When can I apply for it? My course in Dlsu isnt science related that is why I need the free practice set given when you pay for nmat.

I also read here http://www.cem-inc.org.ph/nmat-requirements_procedures.html that I need 15 units of bio and 10 units of chem. I only have 6 for each.

dear nmat participants, this years nmat usa venue are the ff: oct 27 in chicago and nov 3 in los angeles. if interested in the exam, call me: 818-612-4490 or email: nmatexam@gmail. best wishes, godfrey vergara, cem/nmat coordinator.

hi you guys. im selling my MSA NMAT reviewer for 300 flat (+ 50 for the shipment) bought it at national bookstore for 648 bucks. GOOD ADS NEW.. contact me at 09177570679.. :oops:

please be advised that the center for educational measurement, inc., the administrator for the nmat exams held in the philippines and in the usa does not endorsed any forms of review materials. the only official materials available to those interested participants in the nmat exam are the practice tests set. they serve as review materials; similar but not the same as the exam. if interested, please email me: [email protected]. best wishes, godfrey vergara, cem/nmat coordinator.

please be advised that the center for educational measurement, inc., the administrator for the nmat exams held in the philippines and in the usa does not endorsed any forms of review materials. the only official materials available to those interested participants in the nmat exam are the practice tests set. they serve as review materials; similar but not the same as the exam. if interested, please email me: [email protected]. best wishes, godfrey vergara, cem/nmat coordinator.

Mr. Vergara I sent you a message from university email and my personal email. Still awaiting a response. Thanks.