NJMS vs RWJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedHopeful95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! So I've been fortunate enough to be accepted to both NJMS and RWJMS for the upcoming year. I'm having a really tough time trying to decide which school would be a better choice for me. On one hand, I know NJMS's location gives students great opportunities to get clinical experiences off the bat and they have an impressive match list. But, when I visited, I felt like the whole place was a little run down and just not as welcoming. RWJMS seems like a more friendly place but not having the hospital as close by and not having the same clinical opportunities is a downfall. I did like the fact RWJMS does not have an internal ranking though. What are your thoughts?? Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I know you haven't posted here for a while, but I'm also making decisions b/w schools and it's always tough. Personally, I say if one school offers significantly more financial aid, that's the place to be. But just to throw a wrench in an already hard decision, NJMS is now completely P/F without internal ranking due to pressure from current students. Both schools are older but both have welcoming and warm faculty. I'm doing SMP at RWJ and have loved it, but have also loved the welcoming and warm nature of the deans at NJMS and the students there. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it!