nice backup plan to gettin into MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chikantikka

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i sortof crapped on my mcats (got in the high 20's) and was talkin to a freind about it...

she was tellin me about this joint program or masters in medical science program or 'masters in medical science program' that some schools have.

basically instead of doing some bullshayt masters after ur undergrad and applying to medical school u do ur masters at a medical school and take 3 masters courses and 2 medical school courses with other med students. if u do well, ur next year, u are part of their med school.

seems like a great plan to fall back on. u just have to work ur ass off to prove to the school that u can handle med school course work.

any insight would be appreciated on this matter.

Members don't see this ad.

There's also a great option here at Tulane called the Anatomy Certification Program. Basically, you take the first semester of classes with the regular med students, and if you do well, you're looking good on getting accepted the next year. If you end up going to Tulane, you don't have to repeat the classes you took, and can use the time toward an MPH or whatever else.

The only requirement is you must have been waitlisted somewhere to apply. Check out the website @

http://www.mcl.tulane.edu/departments/anatomy/acpinfo.html

for more info.

Good luck, and remember, a score in the high 20s is definitely not the kiss of death.