nice article on md shortage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you get to the comments section? Do you have to click the title one by one? I only read one that seemed like a rant...

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you get to the comments section? Do you have to click the title one by one? I only read one that seemed like a rant...

Scroll down just a little past the article and look for this in a grayish box

"
What did you think of this article?
Join The Fray: Our Reader Discussion Forum POST A MESSAGE | READ MESSAGES"

Yeah I got to that part. But every comment (secretly coded "message") is unthreaded, and you have to click each one by one. You can't read them all, nor follow a conversation because all the comments seem independent and not addressing other people's comments. Of the 128 comments, only about ~4 comments have more than 3 replies. The majorities of comments have zero replies, which means the author of a comment just rants and no discussion arises.

I don't know which comments are valid, or are rants. I'm truly trying to learn the counterarguments to the popular arguments which are very common at SDN.

I can find plenty of criticism about the healthcare system from a pro-doctors stance, but have yet to find a valid counterargument. Isn't anyone else curious if there is a great explanation for all the mess that is discussed on various forums? I want to become a doctor who spends maximum amount of time with patients, has minimum overhead expenses and hassles with HMO's and insurer's, paperwork, bureaucratic instructional creep, etc...

I trust that most legislation gets argued by opposing viewpoints of good-faithed people and the resultant laws and rules and bureacracy are the result of compromise. I am frustrated with the lack of intellictual debate that I can follow at a pre-med level. I follow current events and like to understand things. The health care discussions like the one on that site just have an aura of strawman and unfair imbalance.

I ordered a relevant book from amazon a few days ago; maybe it's best for me to fully educate myself on the current status before I try to understand details such as the one presented in the slate article.