NHSC Requesting Curriculum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tedstriker

wicked retahhded
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone else? I just received some weird notice from the NHSC scholarsip folks telling me that I needed to send in a copy of my med school's curriculum to receive "priority consideration" but that it wasn't necessary to send it in. I'm not entirely sure how to get a hold of my school's curriculum, but I'll try (after all, I'm not starting med school until august, so why would I have that?).

Anyone have any idea why they need a copy of my curriculum? I assume not every M.D. program has the same curriculum, but do they look for anything particular in a curriculum? Strange...

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same wacky letter...

I called and asked about it, and the lady said you could just print one off the school's website or call the school and have them send one... she didn't really say what exactly the purpose of requesting curriculum is, so that I can't tell ya...

Weird though, I agree. :idea:

Thanks Horseradish!

Maybe they're concerned that part of our curriculum contains a commitment "to stay away from needy, underserved populations, and practice only boutique medicine and/or plastic surgery for celebrities."

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you guys get this letter from nhsc? i have not received this letter yet. please let me know. thanks.

I got it on Saturday (a few weeks after I had submitted my NHSC application stuff)...