NHSC Info, Applications and Link to website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Community Scholarship Program. The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Community Scholarship Program is a part of the NHSC's overall strategy to improve access to primary and preventive health services for underserved communities and populations.

The Community Scholarship Program (CSP) awards grants to States to increase the availability of primary health care in urban and rural health professional shortage areas. The CSP is a Federal-State-local partnership which supports students committed to returning to their communities upon completion of their primary care training. States, through a single State agency, make grants to community organizations located in Federal health professional shortage areas. Community organizations use the funds to assist them with the costs of entering into contracts under which they provide scholarships to individuals to attend health professions schools.

Interested applicants should contact National Health Service Corps for a list of states that participate in the program. Loan Repayment Programs Branch Division of Scholarships and Loan Repayments
Bureau of Primary Health Care
4350 East-West Highway, 10th Floor
Bethesda , MD &nbsp20814
Tel: (301)594-4400
Tel: (800) 435-6464
Fax: (301) 594-4981
Email: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
URL: <http://www.bphc.hrsa.dhhs.gov>

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Bureau of Primary
Health Care
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship is a
competitive Federal Program which awards service-obligated
scholarships for students of medicine, certified nurse-midwifery,
certified family nurse practioner education, and physician assistant
education.
The NHSC Scholarship Program is not a general financial assistance program, rather the NHSC Scholarship Program provides financial support to health professional students committed to increasing access to primary care (family medicine, general internal medicine, genderal pediatrics, and obstetrics/gynecology) by serving part or all of their career in federally designated health profesional shortage areas.

For further information contact the person below.
Applications are due late March.
Scholarship Programs Branch
Division of Scholarships and Loan Repayments
Bueau of Primary Health Care
4350 East-West Highway, 10th Floor
Bethesda , MD &nbsp20814
Tel: (301) 594-4410
Fax: (301) 594-4985
URL: <http://www.bphc.hrsa.dhhs.gov>

If anyone has any questions...feel free to e-mail me...as I did this process last year, and would be happy to help....

Members don't see this ad.

I am interesting the NHSC and have already requested my application (which should be here in the next two weeks, I'm told). Can you give a brief outline or timeline of the application process? How long does it take from the time you submit your application to when you hear back from them? What other documents do they require? Is there a waitlist?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am really excited about the program and REALLY hope to get picked up for it. Any info you can pass along would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Zippy

There are past threads with all the information that you will need...just do a search for NHSC and you will find almost everything you need....

If you have any other questions....feel free to ask