NFL folded like a wet noodle over the protests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When people make negative comments about trump, why do trump supporters consistently make the intellectual mistake that individual is unaware of / approves of clinton's misgivings or in any way liked her as a candidate? It seems to be the trump cohort that is best able to cast aside all of his numerous numerous issues while focusing rabidly on similar issues in Clinton. While I absolutely favor Clinton to trump, that was not the initial choice. It was trump vs the other GOP candidates, and I would have preferred most of them to Clinton

Bro, I've been making that point for weeks. It's obviously because he'd rather point out the flaws in the losing candidate (who is not currently running the country) than be forced to address the flaws in his own.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So the clear right answer in this situation was to go for the candidate who is horribly ensnared not just by private interests but by his own private interests (which happen to line up quite well with the most disliked private interests of the establishment), business ethics that brought us trump University, lines up with the social interests of a single party and has one of the most socially conservative politicians as his VP, has no background in foreign policy but all the hubris to think he's Henry kissinger, actively impedes climate change policy / research, etc. Trump's most nonestablishment characteristic is his utter deficiency of political decorum. Maga!

Not to mention the cognitive dissonance of being all angsty about "showing respect for the flag" while supporting the most openly hostile, anti-military candidate in recent memory. How many other candidates have demeaned a POW who has done more for this country than he can ever dream of, called the sacrifices of our intelligence agencies worthless, or engaged in a feud with a Gold Star family?

Reactions: 2 users
When people make negative comments about trump, why do trump supporters consistently make the intellectual mistake that individual is unaware of / approves of clinton's misgivings or in any way liked her as a candidate? It seems to be the trump cohort that is best able to cast aside all of his numerous numerous issues while focusing rabidly on similar issues in Clinton. While I absolutely favor Clinton to trump, that was not the initial choice. It was trump vs the other GOP candidates, and I would have preferred most of them to Clinton

That doesn't seem rational unless you favor establishment as your primary voting influence. I noticed during the election and to this day that the media and most liberals are uber-critical of Trump while ignoring all the glaring deficiencies of Hillary. This Russian investigation is a perfect example, imagine if Comey wouldn't have thrown the investigation into Clinton's email.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not to mention the cognitive dissonance of being all angsty about "showing respect for the flag" while supporting the most openly hostile, anti-military candidate in recent memory. How many other candidates have demeaned a POW who has done more for this country than he can ever dream of, called the sacrifices of our intelligence agencies worthless, or engaged in a feud with a Gold Star family?

You're just spewing anti-Trump rhetoric that is slanted and intended to be misleading.

Where are your posts about Hillary lying to the Benghazi family? The majority of the military prefer Trump over nearly any democrat. Trump is not anti-military, that is simply false. James Clapper is a perfect example of why he is critical of the intelligence agencies, and rightly so.

You're just spewing anti-Trump rhetoric that is slanted and intended to be misleading.

Where are your posts about Hillary lying to the Benghazi family? The majority of the military prefer Trump over nearly any democrat. Trump is not anti-military, that is simply false. James Clapper is a perfect example of why he is critical of the intelligence agencies, and rightly so.

Trust me, if Hillary were President, I'd have to plenty to criticize her for. But she's not. And also, it's not anti-Trump rhetoric, it's things that Trump himself has said.

The arguments he’s making are Kellyane Conwayish at this point. Bottom line: Trump is a god, he can do no wrong!

Are we still talking about the NFL players kneeling?

Didn't a bunch of white supremacist NAZIS have another tiki torch rally in Charlottesville this weekend?

Maybe nobody heard because Trump didn't tweet about it... :thinking:

Didn't a bunch of white supremacist NAZIS have another tiki torch rally in Charlottesville this weekend?

Hmm, maybe if we ignore them and give them essentially no press coverage their impact is lessened?

Trust me, if Hillary were President, I'd have to plenty to criticize her for. But she's not. And also, it's not anti-Trump rhetoric, it's things that Trump himself has said.

Yes, Trump has said somethings that may not have been entirely accurate or appropriate. Fine, I'll admit that. I'll also admit that I'm human and have said and done many things I regret and didn't actually mean.

You may have criticized Hillary, but most would not (at least not to the same extent). The difference in tone between coverage of Obama and Trump, or Trump and Hillary is undeniable.

The arguments he’s making are Kellyane Conwayish at this point. Bottom line: Trump is a god, he can do no wrong!

1. Never said Trump is a god

2. Never said he can do not wrong

Maybe you shouldn't post anything if you can't add substance to the discussion. Clearly, you are so full of hate for Trump and anything non-liberal that it really doesn't matter what Trump does. For now, you can keep dreaming of something coming out of the Russia investigation, but it looks like it will never become a reality.

Who cares what a few white supremacist NAZIS do? If they have a rally, so what? They have the constitutional right to do that as much as black lives matter can march down the streets of Chicago chanting pigs in a blanket...etc. White supremacist NAZIS are a very small, nearly non-existent group that contributes nothing positive to society. The solution is really simple, just ignore them.

Where is the outrage of Harvey Weinstein? Hillary hasn't said anything and neither have most in the media. SNL didn't do a skit over that. Could you image if Harvey was republican and held the same type of position? The treatment would be totally different. Liberal media hypocrisy. It really goes to show the double standard of liberals, they only care about women's rights when it is politically convenient. Hillary wastes no time responding to most other stuff Trump does, but she doesn't say anything about this?

More of a flash mob that lasted literally 5 minutes and ended when they all fled on a bus that was tailed by the cops.

Ignoring those guys and giving them as little publicity as possible is the best possible answer. They’re free to speak but we don’t have to help them reach their audience.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Never said Trump is a god

2. Never said he can do not wrong

Maybe you shouldn't post anything if you can't add substance to the discussion. Clearly, you are so full of hate for Trump and anything non-liberal that it really doesn't matter what Trump does. For now, you can keep dreaming of something coming out of the Russia investigation, but it looks like it will never become a reality.

You’re right, my liberal views blind me. Please forgive me, I’m just a victim to all this damn fake news everywhere!

You’re right, my liberal views blind me. Please forgive me, I’m just a victim to all this damn fake news everywhere!

So you are blinded by your own Trump-Russian fake news propaganda? Even CNN has given up on this story.

Maaaaaan.....that dude lost his position so fast and they're literally changing the name of the company. Enough. We get it. You hate liberals. At this point what are you trying to accomplish.

Who cares what a few white supremacist NAZIS do? If they have a rally, so what? They have the constitutional right to do that as much as black lives matter can march down the streets of Chicago chanting pigs in a blanket...etc. White supremacist NAZIS are a very small, nearly non-existent group that contributes nothing positive to society. The solution is really simple, just ignore them.

Um. Me. Because they're Nazis. Which actually, if you think about it brings us back on topic. You talk about kneeling players disrespecting the flag and our military but you just brush aside a group who waves flags and uses solutes of the literal enemy that our men and women in uniform fought against to protect our freedom.

"Where's the outrage?" Absolutely. Where's your outrage against groups waving Nazi flags and throwing Nazi salutes on American soil. They're not disrespecting the Flag or our troops? Really?

But NFL players are kneeling though....

Reactions: 7 users
White supremacist NAZIS are a very small, nearly non-existent group that contributes nothing positive to society. The solution is really simple, just ignore them.

Neville Chamberlain, is that you?

Open your eyes. He isn't getting anywhere near the negative coverage anyone a republican would get in the same situation. Big mouth Hillary never seems to have a shortage of things to say, except about this? The difference in coverage is night and day. Double standard.

I honestly don't know what you mean. It's all over the news. The New Yorker just published a huge expose on the whole thing. Your own links are left-leaning publications, New York Times, CNN, the Washington Post:

Coverage and silence? What? I just clicked the "full coverage" tab under a "Weinstein" headline at news.google.com and here are the first couple pages of links: Washington Post, EW, IndieWire, The New Yorker, New York Times, Daily Beast, Variety, Slate, People, CNN, Bloomberg, Vice, Vanity Fair, Fox News, CBS, Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Chicago Tribune, Washington Examiner, Salon, Reuters, HuffPost, ABC, Business Insider, NBC, USA Today. I got tired of typing.

Who else do you want to cover it?

Reactions: 4 users
I honestly don't know what you mean. It's all over the news. The New Yorker just published a huge expose on the whole thing. Your own links are left-leaning publications, New York Times, CNN, the Washington Post:

Coverage and silence? What? I just clicked the "full coverage" tab under a "Weinstein" headline at news.google.com and here are the first couple pages of links: Washington Post, EW, IndieWire, The New Yorker, New York Times, Daily Beast, Variety, Slate, People, CNN, Bloomberg, Vice, Vanity Fair, Fox News, CBS, Los Angeles Times, Newsweek, Chicago Tribune, Washington Examiner, Salon, Reuters, HuffPost, ABC, Business Insider, NBC, USA Today. I got tired of typing.

Also note that 3 out of his 4 links related to SNL not covering the topic, not news organizations. Unless he thinks SNL is a news group and not a liberal sketch comedy show.

How could the New York Times break the story on liberal Hollywood mogul, Harvey Weinstein? I thought it was a biased liberal rag. Where was Fox News??

Um. Me. Because they're Nazis. Which actually, if you think about it brings us back on topic. You talk about kneeling players disrespecting the flag and our military but you just brush aside a group who waves flags and uses solutes of the literal enemy that our men and women in uniform fought against to protect our freedom.

"Where's the outrage?" Absolutely. Where's your outrage against groups waving Nazi flags and throwing Nazi salutes on American soil. They're not disrespecting the Flag or our troops? Really?

But NFL players are kneeling though....

I don't agree with anything the NAZI or white supremacist groups stand for. They don't get much press coverage and rightly so. Like it or not, they have the right to protest/demonstrate as much as any other group. They are mostly ignored because their values are so ridiculous only a very small portion of the population agrees with them.

Just ignore them and they'll go away... yea... that should work.
Hard for them to go away when Trump says they are VERY FINE people. But then swears and belittles peaceful protesters.

Trump never said they are "Very Fine people." Another lie.

It isn't just about who is covering it, but also how. The tone of the press is much different. Even the liberal leaning sources I cited above wrote about it. How long did it take Hillary to speak about this vs other issues? I'm not saying it isn't being covered, but the tone is much different than similar types of republican issues.

Yes, listened to it. He didn't say that. Leave it to you to be misleading, not at all surprised.

My bad, dude looks and sounds a lot like Trump. I got my orange haired psychopaths mixed up again!

Yes, listened to it. He didn't say that. Leave it to you to be misleading, not at all surprised.

Hmmm...there's a direct quote in the video of Trump saying there were "very fine people on both sides". I must ask, were the neo-nazis and white supremacists on one of those sides?

Hmmm...there's a direct quote in the video of Trump saying there were "very fine people on both sides". I must ask, were the neo-nazis and white supremacists on one of those sides?

Just because he said it doesn’t actually mean he said it...duh!

I don't agree with anything the NAZI or white supremacist groups stand for. They don't get much press coverage and rightly so. Like it or not, they have the right to protest/demonstrate as much as any other group. They are mostly ignored because their values are so ridiculous only a very small portion of the population agrees with them.

Not the question I asked you.......but that's cool.

Open your eyes. He isn't getting anywhere near the negative coverage anyone a republican would get in the same situation. Big mouth Hillary never seems to have a shortage of things to say, except about this? The difference in coverage is night and day. Double standard.

‘S.N.L.’ Prepped Jokes About Harvey Weinstein, Then Shelved Them
He should have a press conference where he brings out the baker’s dozen Trump sex assault accusers and have them briefly tell their stories. Make himself look less guilty. Worked for the rubes who voted for Trump. Plus tremendous ratings I bet.

He should have a press conference where he brings out the baker’s dozen Trump sex assault accusers and have them briefly tell their stories. Make himself look less guilty. Worked for the rubes who voted for Trump. Plus tremendous ratings I bet.

Tremendous ratings. Great ratings. The best ratings. It’ll be yuuuuge!

Harvey Weinstein was an enormously powerful guy. It is curious how it took this long for this to break. I'm sure we're going to learn much more about what a scumbag and maybe criminal (innocent until proven guilty) this guy really is.

But, I agree that the satire may only go so for for many reasons. We'll see.

A side note is that this is another example of where extreme levels of power can absolutely corrupt. Had this guy no power, he may have gone in many different directions but more than likely down in his basement smacking off to increasing levels of depravity.

Add in extreme power differentials and he becomes a total predator.

Last edited:
My bad, dude looks and sounds a lot like Trump. I got my orange haired psychopaths mixed up again!

Just because he said it doesn’t actually mean he said it...duh!

Man, you guys sure just like to argue your left/right biases to the death, regardless of the truth. I'm critical of Trump on certain things, but in that video, he very clearly said that there was blame on both sides and that there were neo-nazi's and white nationalists that were present and against the taking down of the Robert E Lee statue, BUT that there were also "very fine people" that were against the statue coming down that didn't fall under the small umbrella of the white nationalists etc. Seem's pretty obvious to anyone with a clear head that he wasn't saying that the white nationalist/neo-nazis were very fine people.

I mean, sheesh, at least be intellectually honest with yourselves and discuss REAL points of contention. It's silly to make the argument that Trump thinks nazis are fine people.

C'mon people....

Here's a fun diagram for those a who are more visual learners ;)

SDN.JPG

You're welcome for clearing that up.

Reactions: 4 users
Man, you guys sure just like to argue your left/right biases to the death, regardless of the truth. I'm critical of Trump on certain things, but in that video, he very clearly said that there was blame on both sides and that there were neo-nazi's and white nationalists that were present and against the taking down of the Robert E Lee statue, BUT that there were also "very fine people" that were against the statue coming down that didn't fall under the small umbrella of the white nationalists etc. Seem's pretty obvious to anyone with a clear head that he wasn't saying that the white nationalist/neo-nazis were very fine people.

I mean, sheesh, at least be intellectually honest with yourselves and discuss REAL points of contention. It's silly to make the argument that Trump thinks nazis are fine people.

C'mon people....

View attachment 224364

Fake news!

But seriously, the only problem I have with your diagragm is that it’s equating BLM and Antifa to white supremacists and Nazis. That’s like equating rapists to their victims, with the victims now using mace spray to fight back.

Also, white supremecist and nazi’s did some “really bad stuff” back in our not to recent history and the orange guy did not speak out against them like he should have.

Last edited:

That doesn't mean they were all very fine people, but go ahead and twist the wording to fit your story line. Meanwhile, in real news, the Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy theory is dying a slow painful death.

Harvey Weinstein was an enormously powerful guy. It is curious how it took this long for this to break. I'm sure we're going to learn much more about what a scumbag and maybe criminal (innocent until proven guilty) this guy really is.

But, I agree that the satire may only go so for for many reasons. We'll see.

A side note is that this is another example of where extreme levels of power can absolutely corrupt. Had this guy no power, he may have gone in many different directions but more than likely down in his basement smacking off to increasing levels of depravity.

Add in extreme power differentials and he becomes a total predator.

NBC slammed for passing on Harvey Weinstein sex harassment exposé

NBC is about as dishonest as a "news" organization as it gets. They leak the Hollywood Access tape at the end of an election and than try to avoid exposing HW. Loud mouth Hillary waits 5 days to comment. On the first night, NBC evening fake news didn't even mention it. The late night hosts mostly ignore or mischaracterize it.

Another crazy part, the liberal Hollywood fools who like to lecture us about climate change and women's rights are exposed for the frauds they truly are. They are only concerned about women's rights when politically or financially convenient. These were the same Hollywood loser celebrities campaigning for HRC.

Hillary was quite cozy with this dirtbag, no doubt she knew at least to some extent what was occurring. The more we learn, the more we know it was well established the type of activity this creep was getting away with. The tangled web is being unwoven slowly, who knows where this will end up. About time Hollywood corruption is exposed.

C'mon people....

View attachment 224364

Very accurate, it is quite clear what he is saying and not that difficult to understand.

Many on here are like the fake news media, can't rely on facts so they spin the truth a little to fit the narrative.

Seems like the NFL is slowly starting to understand their fan base isn't like the skewed reality that the fake news media displays. Too bad Goodell and the other donkeys took so long to figure that out

Late to the party, but I honestly don't care what athletes do during the national anthem. I personally prefer not to remove my hat because I find the national anthem and pledge of allegiance cult-like and weird.

Reactions: 3 users
Late to the party, but I honestly don't care what athletes do during the national anthem. I personally prefer not to remove my hat because I find the national anthem and pledge of allegiance cult-like and weird.

Terrorist!!

Agreed.

How do you feel about American POWs? Less likeable than freely-active soldiers?

We should clarify who we’re honoring with the anthem Throw in the POWs and maybe some folks will choose to sit.