Nexletol use

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often do you all use Nexletol or Nexlizet in your practice?

Is it just patients with familial hypercholesterolemia or do you use it with some regularity for patients who can't lower their LDL sufficiently with a statin?

This is not a personal medical question, but I am trying to get an idea of how often these drugs are used in contemporary primary care settings

Members don't see this ad.

I have never once written for that.

Statin first, then ezetimibe, then repatha/praluent.

Thanks for your thoughts.

How about for a patient maxed out on statins who also refuses injections?

Or for a patient with statin myopathy? (Because bempedoic acid is converted to active form in the liver not muscles, which occurs with statins).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming no ezetimibe, than enjoy your MI.

Lol. I do appreciate understanding what patients would hear in the office of their PCP regarding the stepwise progression in therapy.

Though Nexlixet might be an option for such patients who refuse injectables. It’s a combo of Bempedoic acid + ezetimibe.

Lol. I do appreciate understanding what patients would hear in the office of their PCP regarding the stepwise progression in therapy.

Though Nexlixet might be an option for such patients who refuse injectables. It’s a combo of Bempedoic acid + ezetimibe.
Before this thread I had literally never heard of this medication. I'll ask around at the office tomorrow and see if anyone has heard of it/uses is, but I've got my doubts.

Make of that what you will.

How often do you all use Nexletol or Nexlizet in your practice?

Is it just patients with familial hypercholesterolemia or do you use it with some regularity for patients who can't lower their LDL sufficiently with a statin?

This is not a personal medical question, but I am trying to get an idea of how often these drugs are used in contemporary primary care settings
I haven't even seen the cardiologists at my institution writing for it....

I definitely don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.