Newest edition of Kaplan 7 book, or any after 2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicineisforme

Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing the Kaplan 7 book set and I wanted to know how important is it to get the most current one, or should I just be getting post 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, my Kaplan 7-book set was from 2016, and I did fine on the MCAT three months ago. Also, khan academy is a great way to supplement your review, if you think some concepts need more studying.

None! There are better materials out there with more passages, better explanations, and great ways to think about the concepts. Start by looking at the SDN official schedule. That has the best materials for each section. Kaplan only gets recommended for biochemistry review. You'll need selected books from four different resources, but it's so worth it to have the best for each section.

For the SDN plan, click here.

Typically anything from 2016+ is solid. Stuff released right in 2015 may need additional reviewing because most everyone was flying blind at that time. I was on a writing team at the time and everyone was working with best guesses based off prior MCAT experience and a single practice test they released at the time. But any edition after that should be good in perpetuity until they mess with it again.

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors