Newbie needs to register

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArtDMSU

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to register for the DAT so I called the sylvan learning center and they said I need to register on a national hotline, so I called 1800.967.1100 and none of the options are anything related to DAT. All the medical ones are like for RNs and stuff. How do I go about registering????

Members don't see this ad.

Taken from the ADA website:

Contact Information
Department of Testing Services
Telephone: 800-232-2162

TEXDENT said:
Taken from the ADA website:

Contact Information
Department of Testing Services
Telephone: 800-232-2162

Thanks, I just did that and I filled out the app and then I paid the dues and they sent me a confirmation number. What is the next step??

ArtDMSU said:
Thanks, I just did that and I filled out the app and then I paid the dues and they sent me a confirmation number. What is the next step??

Call Slyvan Learning Center in your area and sign up for testing date over the phone with the confirmation # you got from ADA.

Note: Change of testing date, if ever needed, must be done more than 48 hours of business hours in advance (please double check on this with your testing center) ...

Members don't see this ad :)
denverspring said:
Call Slyvan Learning Center in your area and sign up for testing date over the phone with the confirmation # you got from ADA.

Note: Change of testing date, if ever needed, must be done more than 48 hours of business hours in advance (please double check on this with your testing center) ...

I signed up online (ada webpage). Did I sign up for the wrong thing??

hey i registered online as well.....they send you a confimation sheet in the mail...i believe that you need this before you can register online.

the last time i took it (last year) i did it all online after they sent me the sheet, after i signed up through the ada website. it should only take a few days for them to get you the sheet then you can proceed with finding your time and date for the test... you dont need this sheet to find the closest testing center to you though.

hope it helps.

oh after you register online and pay the fee....you'll get an email from [email protected] with a subject of 'DAT Application'. This should let you know if you signed up for the right thing.