This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morfeas

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I was wondering if anyone with a DVM degree from Europe has any experience with New York State license. Did NY state demand any additional courses to be taken in the US? I have a Portuguese diploma but I know that in many other countries (Italy, Spain etc) the academic format and curriculum for a veterinary degree is the same.
IS THE EUROPEAN veterinary DIPLOMA ENOUGH to get licensed in NY w/ ECFVG and NAVLE?
or MORE COURSES ARE NEEDED?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

They didn't ask me for any extra courses. You can only sit for the NAVLE after NY accepts your education. Check the requirements on the NY state office of the professions website, they have useful information and you can always email them.

Reactions: 1 user
They didn't ask me for any extra courses. You can only sit for the NAVLE after NY accepts your education. Check the requirements on the NY state office of the professions website, they have useful information and you can always email them.
Thank you!
You mean that they will not let me sit for the NAVLE with a BSCE completed alone? I haven't sent them my transcripts yet but I will before the february deadline. I hope that it will be enough.

You'll have to contact NY state to ask that. They did not use to require ECFVG to be eligible for a licence. After they approved my education I could then sit for the NAVLE

Last edited: