New York Licensure Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LedBalloon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for New York Licensure approximately two months ago and am wondering if any of you kind folks are familiar with the typical timeframe for the Licensing Board. Any experience?

I have followed up with the NYS Education folks who noted that my application was complete, but under review by the Comparative Education Department (and had been there for four weeks). I’m not terribly concerned (maybe I should be!) as I am licensed in a different state, graduated from an APA-accredited program, internship, and post-doc, and had a stand-alone Ethics course in grad school.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hoping that you heard from the board by now! I was told they have all of my materials and it was approved by the Education Department and finally sent to the board. Do you know how long the Board took to review your application? Any info would be appreciated!!
I applied for New York Licensure approximately two months ago and am wondering if any of you kind folks are familiar with the typical timeframe for the Licensing Board. Any experience?

I have followed up with the NYS Education folks who noted that my application was complete, but under review by the Comparative Education Department (and had been there for four weeks). I’m not terribly concerned (maybe I should be!) as I am licensed in a different state, graduated from an APA-accredited program, internship, and post-doc, and had a stand-alone Ethics course in grad school.

It took a few months for them to review everything. I had to send a few syllabi for them to approve. Once they received word that I passed the EPPP, which as the last step for me, I received my license in the mail within three weeks.

LedBalloon, any chance you've gotten word by now? I'm in basically the same boat, and would love to have a sense of the timeline!