New York GPR 2010/ Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LincolnD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I completed my PASS application and directly sent the required materials to the individual programs. Just curious as to when the interview process begins for several of the NY General Practice residences including Jacobi, St. Barnabas and Jamaica. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that Kings County has been sending out interview invites. Anyone else heard of any New York GPR's that have started interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jacobi reviews applications in October. Interviews begin third week of November and go till Christmas. Instead of speed interviewing, interviews go for about 45 mins. Ask for the tour, and be prepared to tell me something about yourself that sets you apart, or something that demonstrates real commitment.

Thank you everyone for your tips and insight. Ironically enough, I just got an interview date for late October at a Brooklyn GPR. Does anyone know how long the interview typically lasts? I am not from NY and will be there Friday-Sunday, and was planning on touring a few of the other programs on that same Friday as the interview.

Thank you everyone for your tips and insight. Ironically enough, I just got an interview date for late October at a Brooklyn GPR. Does anyone know how long the interview typically lasts? I am not from NY and will be there Friday-Sunday, and was planning on touring a few of the other programs on that same Friday as the interview.

hey,buddy,congrats..

when did u submit the application? and when did u get the interview? by phone,mail,or email?

thanks tons!!

Hello,
I submitted and paid for the PASS around September 19th, and all my paperwork, evaluations, essays were complete.
I received an email Monday stating the time and location of the interview.

Good Luck,
LD

In order to apply to a GPR program- do you have to be fresh out of dental school? Who do you ask for recommendations for the PASS application- if you have been out of school for a while? Anyone know????? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Iam Director @ Jamaica Hospital and we are reviewing appliciants none and will be sending invites soon. If you need further info please email me [email protected]

I completed my PASS application and directly sent the required materials to the individual programs. Just curious as to when the interview process begins for several of the NY General Practice residences including Jacobi, St. Barnabas and Jamaica. Thanks in advance.

Most programs start reviewing PASS before the deadline, but general start offering interviews near/after the deadline. Many wait to late Nov/Dec to interview.

Check to be sure the programs received your information.
See if you can visit before the interviews (shows your interest).
The New York programs are excellent, but if you plan to spend the rest of you life there, you may want to consider another location for a year.

If I can be of any help, let me know