New Years in New Delhi

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gwen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can you guys recommend any places or events my husband and I can go to in New Delhi for new years? we'll be celebrating our 6 month wedding anniversary on Jan 1 as well. i would really appreciate your suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

hey gwen, most 5-star hotels in delhi have awesome new year parties. they will probably cost u about 100$ each but its definitely worth it. Most Taj hotels and Ashoka hotels have good parties. Good luck !

just being sarcastic. if you are married and traditional indian wife. Dont you think you should be celebrating your first anniversary and first new year's eve with ur hubby's family or like organize a grand party in your home with your friends and relatives. It will be a great hit and everyone will enjoy. rather than you two just going to some club or place outside and spending humongous amount of money. Just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
:
Hey guys,

Can you guys recommend any places or events my husband and I can go to in New Delhi for new years? we'll be celebrating our 6 month wedding anniversary on Jan 1 as well. i would really appreciate your suggestions.

Dear gwen,
You would do great to follow inquisitive's direction in celebrating new years in New Delhi's many awesome hotels, but a word of advice- a lot of these places require prior booking or reservation.
Also you can be a little more adventurous and go to one of the big hotel parties in either Agra or Jaipur and visit the touristy sight on the New year Day. The advice of prior planning and making reservations still holds though.

have a great day and enoy your anniversary.

indiangabby:) :luck:

thanks for your advice, guys. its not that we're ignoring people and just partying it up on new years (its not our 1st anniversary either)...we're visiting for almost 6 weeks and not even sightseeing...so one night on the town isn't exactly being nontraditional! and yeah, i know you were being sarcastic.

actually both of our families are in the US so being traditional really won't help. we're just visiting our extended families all over india that couldn't make it to the wedding in america, i think that's more than any other physician can say - to be able to spend 6 weeks in india with family. plus, we're having a nice reception here in india anyway. oh yeah, i'm in india now.

i'm looking into the hotels right now...i don't think i'll have time to go to agra or jaipur, but i'm certainly looking into the Taj and Oberoi! i'm hoping to take my cousins with me. i can't wait!!!

thanks again for those of you who gave good advice.

thanks for your advice, guys. its not that we're ignoring people and just partying it up on new years (its not our 1st anniversary either)...we're visiting for almost 6 weeks and not even sightseeing...so one night on the town isn't exactly being nontraditional! and yeah, i know you were being sarcastic.

actually both of our families are in the US so being traditional really won't help. we're just visiting our extended families all over india that couldn't make it to the wedding in america, i think that's more than any other physician can say - to be able to spend 6 weeks in india with family. plus, we're having a nice reception here in india anyway. oh yeah, i'm in india now.

i'm looking into the hotels right now...i don't think i'll have time to go to agra or jaipur, but i'm certainly looking into the Taj and Oberoi! i'm hoping to take my cousins with me. i can't wait!!!

thanks again for those of you who gave good advice.

Have Fun & Enjoy Yourself:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: