New Visions: Health Careers

ijaz94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently going to Shenendehowa High School and in my junior year.And would possibly like to do the New Visions: Health Careers during my senior year, I wouldnt have regular classes but i would go to local hospitals and volunteer/shadow there. Seems like a good opportunity to get involved in medicine at an early age. I would like to know if anybody has done it and whether or not they thought it was worth not going to normal school for. Any advice would be great do you think i should do this or would i be better off going to normal 12th grade in high school? Thanks!
here is the link for more info:http://www.capregboces.org/CareerTech/Programs/nvhealth.cfm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would talk to your guidance counselor and make sure that you can still graduate on time. Also make sure it won't effect college admissions. If those are both ok, it looks like a great program. Things done in high school aren't given as much weight as things done in college, however I am sure that it would benefit somewhat during your applications. Plus the experience would be great.