New Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stinky Tofu

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
An announcement was made today that Partners has approved the building of a new 150-bed Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Members don't see this ad.

Stinky Tofu said:
An announcement was made today that Partners has approved the building of a new 150-bed Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Any chance this will be built before USC ever finishes its new county hospital? (Just kidding.. sort of.)

melancholy said:
Any chance this will be built before USC ever finishes its new county hospital? (Just kidding.. sort of.)

Huh? USC's hospital contruction is on schedule. County should still open in 2007. Unfortunately though, due to stupid County planning the new hospital does not have any resident call rooms. Stupid.

Members don't see this ad :)
SCIronMike said:
Huh? USC's hospital contruction is on schedule. County should still open in 2007. Unfortunately though, due to stupid County planning the new hospital does not have any resident call rooms. Stupid.

Yeah, hopefully it will be open by then. I remember my classmates and I have been hearing about the new county hospital for quite some time though. Hmm.. maybe they'll just keep the residents up all night so that they won't need a call room at all..

SCIronMike said:

Wonderful. That'll be pleasant while I'm there for three years...if they stay on schedule. I don't think I'll be sleeping much anyways. :rolleyes:

As a side note.....GO TAPEWORM! :laugh:

melancholy said:
Yeah, hopefully it will be open by then. I remember my classmates and I have been hearing about the new county hospital for quite some time though. Hmm.. maybe they'll just keep the residents up all night so that they won't need a call room at all..

Have you seen it? It looks great. The exterior construction looks like it is almost finished.

That's good news to hear. I'd like to stop by as I haven't seen it in a year or so..

Stinky Tofu said:

Fronterra let us know this was in the works, but if its the location he said it was going to be that sucks. Although the current location is a commuting nightmare, its so close to MGH and right next to fleet center with a great view of the bridge and charles (?) river. I loved that location.

Gauss said:
Fronterra let us know this was in the works, but if its the location he said it was going to be that sucks. Although the current location is a commuting nightmare, its so close to MGH and right next to fleet center with a great view of the bridge and charles (?) river. I loved that location.

where is it supposed to be???