New sGPA Factoring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForensicOdontology

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm sorry if this has been addressed -- although I can't see how it could have been since it's a fairly specific situation.

I'm just a tad confused and looking for thoughts/guidance. First off, the Forensic Sciences are considered in the sGPA now?? Is this new or did I miss something last year?? I feel like the verification process is going to be particularly stressful for me when I submit my transcripts. I have a Bachelors Degree in Biological Anthropology, a Masters Degree in Forensic Science, and a Post BACC with BIO 1 & 2 retakes that don't match up to the undergrad titles on my transcripts, lol. (Although I've read that the grade replacement issues has been solved.) In total, I have a horrible undergrad GPA at 2.88 in BIO Anth, a 3.8 Masters in FS, and a 3.7 Post Bacc.

My questions are as follows:

My masters Forensic Science courses, the one undergrad Astronomy class I have, and any of my Anthropology courses with a bio/brain/primate/or Anatomy focus, these will all be included in my sGPA as of now? Or do all of my Anthropology classes count regardless, because I was a Biological Anthropology major? And what do you think of my odds at DO school? I worked full time while taking my Post Bacc at 12 credits per semester, and I'm a female from mainland PR, and have good EC's (Also, let's keep the URM knocks to a minimum if possible please and thanks :D I just want a realistic analysis for my situation.)

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Per my understanding (correct me if I am wrong), the masters courses will count as science GPA, but will do nothing for your uSGPA, or undergraduate science GPA. The post-bacc will factor into the science GPA that schools use for cut offs when screening, but not the masters.

Per my understanding (correct me if I am wrong), the masters courses will count as science GPA, but will do nothing for your uSGPA, or undergraduate science GPA. The post-bacc will factor into the science GPA that schools use for cut offs when screening, but not the masters.

Thanks a bunch for your reply!

I'm having a really hard time picking which classes fall into which category. The following classes can go either way according to what I' reading:

ASTR 002 Origins of the Cosmos
BISC 012 Intro Bio - Bio of Organisms
ANTH 001 Biological Anthropology
FORS 103 Intro to Forensic Science
FORS 104 Intro to Forensic Science
BISC 2451 History of Life
BISC 2452 Animal Behavior
ANTH 3401 Human Functional Anatomy
ANTH 3411 Primatology

Would you mind taking an educated stab and give me your opinion on which classes you think would fall into my undergrad sGPA? This is making me bonkers, lol.

Thanks again!