Position Available New Residency Program (Gen Psych, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdr2020

Reaction score
New General Psychiatry Residency Program (RUHS in Riverside, California)

word on the street ---- may be a new general psych program starting 7/2020 & recruiting 6 candidates

for more info contact ---- [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get an interview from them yet?

Not me. I applied but haven’t heard anything. Am curious also if they are done interviewing and have filled the positions....

I spoke to the PD on the phone for almost an hour (basically an informal interview) but ultimately decided not to apply. They told me they would be signing contracts in the 3rd week of May.

I applied as well, but haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone have any insight about their process (aside from the contract signing time as said above)?

I spoke to the PD on the phone for almost an hour (basically an informal interview) but ultimately decided not to apply. They told me they would be signing contracts in the 3rd week of May.
Why did you choose not to apply?

Why did you choose not to apply?

Hi yeah I’ve gotten a ton of DMs about this so I’m just gonna answer here.

The PD seemed very nice. There was nothing glaringly wrong with the program. I just talked to some mentors. I am a pretty competitive candidate and I just didn’t want to settle on a new community program with no reputation. This is not me bragging (I didn’t match!) and I think the program will probably be fine but I just wanted to try again through the regular match.

The PD seemed very nice. There was nothing glaringly wrong with the program. I just talked to some mentors. I am a pretty competitive candidate and I just didn’t want to settle on a new community program with no reputation. This is not me bragging (I didn’t match!) and I think the program will probably be fine but I just wanted to try again through the regular match.

Did they call you for the informal interview? If they’re going to sign contracts next week I assume they’re interviewing this week. I hope you don’t mind my questions. It’s almost better to know if they’ve made their selections than to keep holding on to hope. Haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes me feel a little better. I was waiting for a response too...and wondering if they had already filled as well.

Yea still nothing here either. I imagine they would tell us if they filled. At least I hope they would...

did she offer you a spot after your informal interview?

If anyone gets an offer or finds out further info, id greatly appreciate to know just for peace of mind really - DM would be fine!

Also looking for any update. Just want to stop thinking about it

just got a rejection as well, would it be worth applying for them again in the cycle?

I still haven't heard anything one way or the other. Has anyone heard about them sending out interview/good emails?

I got a rejection email. Wasted $70 to send transcripts. They should only request such info from those they will truly consider.

Reactions: 3 users
Informal phone interview last week, rejection this morning :( - an hr before my med school graduation. Best of luck everyone! If anyone has leads on Psychiatry research a DM would be much appreciated!

Just got my rejection a half-hour ago. Was never interviewed.

A lot of applications for only a few spots...that should tell you something about how the program reviews applications.