New rda/rdhef duties anyone know how the salary will change???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iCLEANteeth

flossyflossy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was curious to know if anyone knows if there is going to be a salary increase for the new RDA/RDHEF license? I am interested in taking the classes to get this new license but the class are VERY expensive (>14000 total). Does anyone if it will be worth the time and money?

Right now for RDH salary in btw 350-450 per day. How much will it increase by? Thanks!!!!! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Right now for RDH salary in btw 350-450 per day. How much will it increase by? Thanks!!!!! :oops:

What a great gig for 2 years of formal post-secondary education. And this $$ is not high enough for the hygienists that they feel they need to start placing restorations and taking out teeth and practicing independent. ha!

Members don't see this ad :)
What a great gig for 2 years of formal post-secondary education. And this $$ is not high enough for the hygienists that they feel they need to start placing restorations and taking out teeth and practicing independent. ha!

P.S. I know first year starting dentists who make less than $450 a day.

Hello everyone!

I was curious to know if anyone knows if there is going to be a salary increase for the new RDA/RDHEF license? I am interested in taking the classes to get this new license but the class are VERY expensive (>14000 total). Does anyone if it will be worth the time and money?

Not likely to increase at all since there are dentists out there who start around what you were quoting per day. My first job as a dentist paid me around $400/day and it was an average/slightly above average salary I think for the area. Why hire someone with less education who can do less for more money? It doesn't make sense.