New rankings are out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can safely say that Houston is NOT more fun than New Orleans.

PLEASE!!

Chicago is #5!!! And it deserves to be up there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't LA in Orange county? Why did they separate it?

As a life-long Minnesotan, it's finally nice to see us getting some proper respect, don't ya know (in the Fargo-esque accent).

Just wondering if some kind of new state was invented or something?

Newark, Newark
Miami, Florida
Bergen-Passaic, Newark

Since when has Newark, NJ? (Im assuming) become its own state?

that list is whack... i love oakland and all, but i would NOT say that it is fun

Originally posted by crazy250

They're 2 seperate and very different counties.

Haha, wtf is up with oakland, i wouldn't ever go there unless i had to.

P.S. That is the worst ranking I've ever seen. Orange county is #2?!?!?!? Have these people ever been to the OC? Probably just b/c Disneyland is there, but there is absolutely nothing else that makes it fun. And NYC is #41?!?!?!!! These people are on crack.

Yay Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill! #6! :clap:

Hey! Where is Compton and Long Beach?:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
The OC should be #1, it is the best place to live.

Gotta say, I'm surprised that Houston beat Austin....what were they thinking????

yeah, seriously. the OC sucks compared to LA.

Have these people ever been to orange county? apparently not.

and new york city so far down? what a joke!!!

los angeles>san diego>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>orange county

lol.....RIVERSIDE is above new york....haha....

haha, yeah, i agree, these rankings are wack!

these are the worst rankings i ever saw!!!

san jose? not fun at all
sacremento? not fun at all
newark? not fun at all

cleveland-lorain-elyria? cleveland is ok, but i went to college between lorain and elyria and they are not fun at all. unless your idea of fun is smoking cigarettes with disgruntled fat people in a dirty diner or going for nature walks in a park filled with trash.

Haha, wtf is up with oakland, i wouldn't ever go there unless i had to.

stop it with your SF snobbery. i think they put oaktown so high up because it is home to the best baseball team in the history of the world. i don't think it would make my top 10, but i do think it is at least moderately fun. your statement is ignorant.

Sigh...
What about Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Fairbanks? What about all of those FUN FUN Alaskan villages? Just because it's -34 and your spit freezes before it hits the ground doesn't mean that it's not a fun place! C'mon...what's with you people.

That's a great list....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

:rolleyes:

Something was definitely wrong with their definition of "fun." Number of toy stores???? Dance performances????
According to this list, all three cities I've lived in are fun. I must have hung out in the wrong part of Durham, Orlando, and Charlotte.:confused:

LA is not in orange county

I really think that Austin deserves a higher spot on that list. After all, we're the Live Music Capitol of the World, you know. Too bad there's not a medical school here. I'd be a happy camper if there was.

Originally posted by chapinsita
P.S. That is the worst ranking I've ever seen. Orange county is #2?!?!?!? Have these people ever been to the OC? Probably just b/c Disneyland is there, but there is absolutely nothing else that makes it fun. And NYC is #41?!?!?!!! These people are on crack.

irvine is a really good place to raise a family... but fun? :laugh:

Indianapolis before New Orleans, Columbus, and Cincinnati?!? This list is terrible!

Yeah, cause there's all kinds of fun stuff to do here in Durham...:rolleyes:

Besides which, Durham/Raleigh/Chapel Hill is 2 cities and a college town (or, more to the point, a street). If this place were actually #6, I'd move to Canada or something.

Originally posted by MabdulD
Yeah, cause there's all kinds of fun stuff to do here in Durham...:rolleyes:

Besides which, Durham/Raleigh/Chapel Hill is 2 cities and a college town (or, more to the point, a street). If this place were actually #6, I'd move to Canada or something.

The triangle area as a whole is awesome. Each city by itself is not fantastic, but together, its quite a nice place to live IMHO.

#30 Omaha

Midwest gotta represent.

Props to the big "O"

Dude, I'm offended...

How is NY #41????? Even if you're broke and have eight toes on your left foot, you can still have the most fun...

And how is the cow country of Sacto (although beautiful) more fun? The most happening thing out there is Arco Arena!

"16. Detroit, Michigan"

Repeat what I said about Memphis except make the city sound a little scarier. i wonder if the author of this spent much time in Highland Park.

How is New York #41???!!! That's ridiculous.

Why on earth is Orange County ranked second? :eek:

This list proves that rankings are always messed up.

I remember reading another list once for the best places to live in the world and Baghad was higher than Athens or Munich.

As always take rankings (yes that includes med school rankings too) with a grain of salt.

Las Vegas should easily make number 1. It is the only city where you can legally have sex with a *****, have large quantities of alcohol given to you gratis, watch a tiger maul a German Homosexual, and miraculously still end the night having more money than when you started.

On the other hand, if you were to set up any of the above in Minneapolis, you'd probably end the night in jail.

no LA county and Orange County are 2 separate places.

but damn OC is #2????

I live here and its not that great. Maybe I'm missing something...hmmmm.

but go SF!!

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
That's a great list....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!

:rolleyes:

long live TRIUMPH!!!!!!!!!!!