New Pediatric Practice Name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruralpedsdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am opening a new Pediatric Practice and I need some help coming up with a "snappy" name. My practice will offer a menu of services: 1) regular daytime services 2 days a week in one location, 2 days a week in another location; 2) "after hours" 4-8:30 Thurs, Fri, Sat and 10-2 Sunday (it is a resort town so busy on weekends); 3) hotel house calls in the heavy tourist season Fri & Sat on busy weekends, all week holiday weeks. I have a few names: "Day & Night Pediatrics", "Kids After Hours", "Around the Clock Doc". Anyway, I need help, I've never done this before.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I think its very important to not come across as "gimmicky". In some fields and markets that sort of thing may sell, but I can't imagine anything people take more seriously than the health of their children, so don't be too silly.
I would consider playing up the house call feature of your services; that is rare and especially for people unfamiliar with your area who don't know where to go or who to call, an outstanding addition. Sometimes its not bad to be direct; "Tiny Tots After Hours Pediatric Care"" Kids Kare After Hours Pediatric", "Healthy Beginnings After Hours Pediatric" "Pediatric House Call Service" "At Your Service After Hours Pediatric" I also like the idea of marketing yourself "Dr. Jones After Hours Pediatric."

I am opening a new Pediatric Practice and I need some help coming up with a "snappy" name. My practice will offer a menu of services: 1) regular daytime services 2 days a week in one location, 2 days a week in another location; 2) "after hours" 4-8:30 Thurs, Fri, Sat and 10-2 Sunday (it is a resort town so busy on weekends); 3) hotel house calls in the heavy tourist season Fri & Sat on busy weekends, all week holiday weeks. I have a few names: "Day & Night Pediatrics", "Kids After Hours", "Around the Clock Doc". Anyway, I need help, I've never done this before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't help you with the naming part. However, you should do really well for yourself with that type of set up.

I assume that you will be the only pediatric practice in this community and that you will be by yourself. If that is the case, then I would really recommend avoiding anything snappy and focus on the word "pediatrics" to distinguish yourself from any other caregivers for children in this community. So, Pediatrics of X, where X is the resort town's name, is a goodie. If you must go for snappy. I'd stick with something that includes the word "pediatrics" or "pediatrician" at the front, like "Pediatrician at your service". I still like the non-snappy version better.

Remember, the name will stick with you, and it costs money to change a practice name. Therefore, if you choose something like "After Hours Pediatrics," be sure that you want to practice that way for a long time. Otherwise, the town will think it is some type of joke when you burn out and change your hours or services.

After Hours Pediatrics
(Open from 9-5, no home visits, out to lunch from noon until 2, closed on Monday and Friday, morning hours only on Wednesday)

Last edited:
If you start the name of the practice with a number or the letter A, you may end up being listed as the first in the category, if results are posted alpahbetically.

Also, go meet with the resort/hotel managers once you have your practice set up - let them know what services you provide and that you would be happy to be of service to any guest's and their children. Leave then plenty of business cards.

And definitely go with as professional a name as possible. You want to sound like someone who can be trusted, not like an entertainment company.

Hey...!!! Me too searching for some kinda nice name for my private practice (here in India, of course ...:)
We in India use names like:

'Dr. Joshi (your surname) Children's Clinic'

OR
''Happy Child and Baby Clinic''

OR simply
''(Name: your mother/spouse/your own baby) Clinic''

You can use pics of good looking kids on display board..
But...I'm sure they won't do well in US.. But I would suggest you not to go for funky kind of names. Name of your town would be the best bet. ...like Cincinnati Children....

All the best.....

You can include some child friendly words like "Rainbow Pediatric Clinic of Alexandria"

What happens a year or three down the road....

*the resort is not as busy during the off season

*your significant other wants you hanging around the house a few more hours each week

*those nights and weekends start dragging upon your social life

or

*maybe house calls are not as romantic as they once were

?????

that snappy, snazzy name will get in the way.

A better way to name the business is:

"Stevie Stud Pediatric Clinic" with an added tag line of "after hours and weekend clinic services are available in resort town"

The tag line can be dropped or modified at will while the practice name remains the same.

I went with Day & Night Pediatrics. Kind of says it all. Doesn't say which night(s) so I can change my hours.