New Osteopathic Schools not included on AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alienman52

Straight from the Mothership
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had a quick question. I am aware that there are a few new osteopathic schools opening in 2016-2017.
My stats aren't stellar, so I want to target some of the newest schools.

Are the schools included on the AACOMAS application service (when "selecting programs") the only schools we can apply to? (are newest schools included here?) Or are there some newer schools that are not included on the AACOMAS app that we need to apply to separately??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You just have to keep checking if they appear on AACOMAS during the cycle or not. You can only apply if they do. New ones really may come up at any time.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone name the newest schools that will be available to apply to in the coming cycle?
Obviously UIW
I know NYIT has an Arkansas campus now.
KCUMB also has the joplin campus.

Any others?

Can anyone name the newest schools that will be available to apply to in the coming cycle?
Obviously UIW
I know NYIT has an Arkansas campus now.
KCUMB also has the joplin campus.

Any others?

I have not seen a joplin campus yet.
I can't apply to Arkansas cause my MCAT sub section is below 125. Damn it

I have not seen a joplin campus yet.
I can't apply to Arkansas cause my MCAT sub section is below 125. Damn it
yeah i dont think the joplin campus is actually on AACOMAS. if you apply to kcumb, you'll automatically be considered for both campuses.
Arkansas COM is a new one, and my mcats stink, but i think ill still apply for the heck of it to be honest.

yeah i dont think the joplin campus is actually on AACOMAS. if you apply to kcumb, you'll automatically be considered for both campuses.
Arkansas COM is a new one, and my mcats stink, but i think ill still apply for the heck of it to be honest.

I don't know. They said that the minimum for 2nd application. I hope they are lenient on that.

I don't know. They said that the minimum for 2nd application. I hope they are lenient on that.

Its hard to tell whether these are hard cutoffs. I applied to some new schools that I was below the GPA "cutoffs" for when I applied oh so many years ago. Got interviews at a couple of them.

Its hard to tell whether these are hard cutoffs. I applied to some new schools that I was below the GPA "cutoffs" for when I applied oh so many years ago. Got interviews at a couple of them.
Do you remember your gpas/mcat?? i have low stats so id like to compare haha

Just recheck at LUCOM. They said their preferred candidate should have minimum GPA 3.2+ and MCAT 500 with no sub sections below 125. Well they did said preferred, not absolute

@lnguyen1412 Hey I also have one section under 125 (505 overall and 3.6 GPA) ... you seem knowledgeable about this so I thought I'd ask haha are there a lot of schools you've found that say they have hard cutoffs for <125 sections? Because I am looking and I can't find much specific info

I found LUCOM, ARkansas COM are two that state in their supplemental requirements that they have cut off at 125 each sections. The rest just said above 500. For Touro california, it states above 502