New Orleans Aapa Conference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted6669

anyone going to the aapa conference in new orleans in may? I went to salt lake and ny and they were decent, but not a lot of specialty/EM stuff. this year is supposed to have more of a specialty emphasis. hope to see you all there-e

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like it would be interesting. Is it worthwhile for students?(as in pre-PA?) What are the best parts of these conferences, would you say?

Theresa

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure that a pre-PA would get much out of it...but a PA student in the program would find it beneficial...

Not sure if I will be making it this year or not-graduating, knocking out the PANCE, and looking to start work all within the same time frame...:cool:

lots of recruiters at the conference. I went as a student and as a new grad(and a few times since) and found it very helpful. did I mention the free food ... also it's new orleans for heavens's sake. if you can go and get someone else to pay it is a no brainer!

Hoping to be there - waiting to find out if the schedule is going to work or not - right in the middle of the transition from surgery rotation to ortho rotation then! A break would be nice!

Dennis

rdennis-let me know if you decide to go. maybe we could grab a beer somewhere and chat.

Most definetly - one of my classmates and I are just waiting to find out if we have been selected to go or not - will share a beer if I make it!

D

rdennisjr...if you make it out there...make sure you check out the SAPA meeting...as well as Veteran's Cauc....