New oculoplastics practice website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thiaeyemd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor. I just created a website for my new practice. Do you guys mind taking a look at it and giving me some feedback? I try to do this myself. I am an oculoplastic surgeon who practices eyelid, tear duct and eye socket surgery. Any feedback would be helpful.

www.denvereyelid.com

Thanks

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Looks good. I like it.
More pictures, less words is my opinion.
Before/after gallery not viewable unless i log in. Many people would not register.

Also, can you fix trump's ptosis? His eyebrow elevation is annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Who is the audience, patients diagnosing themselves or other ophthalmologists?

This part can cause friction....3. If you were referred by a doctor please bring all the doctor's notes

You may not need "all" the doctor's notes. Asking for it wastes time.

Consider a hint to how to say that long last name. (THIGH-aga-RAJ-a or THIGH-a-gar-a-ja or something else). People will want to know.

Some doctors may want your fax number.

Why arrive 15 minutes early? That is a pet peeve of some patients. Just tell them when to arrive and you can figure out when their time to see the doctor is (15 minutes later?).

1) There's some sort of glitch with the "understanding, attention, and detail" images because it opens a slideshow of the same images instead of offering more information when you click on them.
2) I really like the articles section.
3) I'm not the biggest fan of the font. The letters are really narrow and when you italicize and capitalize them for the headings, it looks angry.
4) Your icon with the lines and the eye should be larger, and if you can still change it, I would recommend something simpler.
5) Agree with the above comment that you should offer before and after images without forcing people to register.

1. Include your fax number in the header. This will save a lot of headaches for other offices and patients.
2. The drop-down menu for "the surgeon" is confusing. Clicking on "the surgeon" takes you to a bio about yourself but the other drop-down menu options underneath it deal with patient visits and what to expect in the office. These should be separated. Making a "Patient Information" drop down would solve this.
3. Some images are very hi-res, which is perfect. Others are very pixelated and low-resolution. Those need to be changed. It might just be a matter of uploading higher-quality versions rather than the thumbnail versions which are currently there.
4. I'm confused about your branding. The website is "Denver Eyelid" but then your website only says Dr. Thiagarajah. It might make sense to have the Header say Denver Eyelid in it, or whatever you want the business name / DBA to be.

Otherwise, very nice!

your branding. The website is "Denver Eyelid" but then your website only says Dr. Thiagarajah. It might make sense to have the Header say Denver Eyelid in it, or whatever you want the business name / DBA to be.

Otherwise, very nice!

I disagree about the Denver Eyelid brand. That is the web address but it shouldn't be the practice name. Many law firm names are not their website address. Keep that the same.

I disagree about the Denver Eyelid brand. That is the web address but it shouldn't be the practice name. Many law firm names are not their website address. Keep that the same.

I only mention it because patients can get confused about whether the practice is actually called Denver Eye Lid or not, what to search for in Google, what to look for in regards to signage when driving there, etc.