new nuc med resident IMHOTEP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colnuc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am finising up my Im residency and going for my nuc med residency.HI to all nuc residents here..like IMHOTEP. I am really excited about the prospect of joining i nuc med but many of my freinds have discouraged me because I had offers for fellowhsips in pulm.cc,but I know my heart wont be in there.
can you guys tell me what to expect in residency and life there after..appreiate ur help.

colnuc

Members don't see this ad.

If you like nuclear medicine, don't listen to discourage words from anybody. Just do what you like.

Believe in what you do and do what you believed!!!

Hi I am finising up my Im residency and going for my nuc med residency.HI to all nuc residents here..like IMHOTEP. I am really excited about the prospect of joining i nuc med but many of my freinds have discouraged me because I had offers for fellowhsips in pulm.cc,but I know my heart wont be in there.
can you guys tell me what to expect in residency and life there after..appreiate ur help.

If you end up in a specialty that you don't like, you will regret it for the rest of your life. I would advice you to pursue what you like. In regards to the opportunities after Nuc Med, it all depends on the market at the time that you will graduate and also where you graduate from. If you do not have any visa issues and if you are open to academic positions I dont think you will have much of a problem. You will however not have the luxury of the various(private/academic) opportunities that you may have after completing a more mainstream residency/fellowship. Trust me , the nuc med scene is much better than peole make it sound.