New Medical School Blog - Depression

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalSchoolExpressions

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have started a new blog to chronicle my route from pre-med to medical school ultimately resulting in a leave of absence due to struggles with depression. I will be heading back to school this summer and hope to help raise unfiltered awareness about medical school from my perspective (I am well aware that I don't speak the sentiments of all by any means). Overall I hope it might be of some help or interest to other pre-med or current medical students with their path.

I can't have the exact link because of this being a new account but the blog can be found at (with a dot between the words of course):
medicalschoolexpressions wordpress com

The blog starting to address the topic of depression is "A Year Off - Full Disclosure"
(not all topics by any means will be discussing depression but rather vary extensively)

[I am a long time member of SDN but of course have created a new account in hopes of maintaining some anonymity]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I have uploaded a new post today with the anticipation of uploading a new post each Sunday. This post goes into a few more details of what I was able to accomplish during my leave of absence that has ultimately led to my decision to continue with the medical school path.

medicalschoolexpressions wordpress com

[This will be the only time that I bump my own thread; thanks for those that have checked out the blog so far]