New Med School to open in Windsor,ON

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sub Zero

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard a medical school was going to be set-up in Windsor, ON soon. It is supossed to be in co-operation with UWO, as part of a province-wide program to help aleviate the doctor shortages in South-Western Ontario. Can anyone confirm this?

Members don't see this ad.

Sub Zero said:
I heard a medical school was going to be set-up in Windsor, ON soon. It is supossed to be in co-operation with UWO, as part of a province-wide program to help aleviate the doctor shortages in South-Western Ontario. Can anyone confirm this?

It's not really a "new" medical school. Western is just opening a satellite campus in Windsor. The first class size is going to be 24 students: 14 new spots, and 10 spots taken from the current Western class.

Jocks said:
It's not really a "new" medical school. Western is just opening a satellite campus in Windsor. The first class size is going to be 24 students: 14 new spots, and 10 spots taken from the current Western class.

Also UofT is expanding to creat another branch at UofT Missisauga.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hear UWaterloo is also getting some kind of satellite campus - can't remember with which med school though

wow, 14 new spots. this is really going to alleviate the doc shortage problem, haha. :laugh:

Jocks said: