New MCAT

FM7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently read somewhere that they will have a completely restructured MCAT for medical school applicants in 2013. Will this be a problem for undergraduates taking the test that year? That means all those study books wouldn't be as helpful... ( I complete undergraduate in 2013 so that means I will probably take the old test the last year it is administered.) I guess it depends on what the new format of the test is..

Members don't see this ad.

If we take the MCAT in our junior year, we will be doing the old format. Who knows what will happen when the new MCAT comes out.

Yeah, why should we care about this now?

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope they don't change it drastically. i'm sure if we practice enough to be prepared we'll score high regardless.

I recently read somewhere that they will have a completely restructured MCAT for medical school applicants in 2013. Will this be a problem for undergraduates taking the test that year? That means all those study books wouldn't be as helpful... ( I complete undergraduate in 2013 so that means I will probably take the old test the last year it is administered.) I guess it depends on what the new format of the test is..

That's a goal, it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be met. SDN actually has some articles on the new MCAT, read up on that if you're interested.

If it is an issue, I wouldn't worry about it too much - everyone else will have the same problem!