New integrated programs in 2014?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigMotherKelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First: CONGRATS to everyone who matched yesterday!! Psyched for everyone heading into PRS in a few months, and looking forward to being your intern a year down the line.

Second: Does anyone know which schools are adding new integrated programs for the 2013-2014 cycle, or where I'll be able to sort that out as I start piecing together my own application?

Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
BMK

Members don't see this ad.

if there's a particular school you are interested in that is only independent (or combined, if that's what you mean), just email the program director and ask. generally there is no list or announcement about these things, and the only official word is when you log into your ERAS application this summer and look at the list of participating programs.

FREIDA is a great place to start. There are already 4 new programs from last year who have added themselves in this database. There is also a list of programs kept by ACAPS at their website, though I'm not sure when that is updated.

Off the top of my head, I know UMinnesota is adding one. I'd have to look at FREIDA to know the others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help, in particular pointing me towards FREIDA. Is there an effective way to get the search engine to show just the Combined Programs, since the default settings seem to be either all integrated, or all independent plus all combined?

Thanks!
BMK

Last edited:
No good way that I know of. I will go out on a limb and say any new programs will not be combined programs, since all programs have to be integrated by 2016 (I think that's the date).

Combined programs: SLU, Utah, UPenn, Emory (technically integrated but was listed under combined this year), Lehigh Valley (same as Emory), and a few others (there were 10 total this year. I'm just blanking right now). Honestly, the best way to know will be to look in ERAS when applying. It's a pain, but you click on plastic surgery and see if programs are open for the main residency match. If they are, they're combined programs and not fellowships. Hope this helps.