New Immigrant with medical experience please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taqi2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Taqi and I was looking for some assistance regarding the following issue. I just arrived from Pakistan with a immigrant visa I would like to know my chances for research in pathology. I have an MCPS degree with 15 years of experience approximately in hematology microbiology biochemistry and parasitology. I have been managing and running medium sized laboratories independently. Do I have any chances to join some research program in the near future?

Simply put, I have just arrived in Canada; I want to know exactly what my options are. I heard various stories from Canada not accepting your education to there not being enough opportunities here. I just need some information on my options. Will they accept my qualification? Is there any exam(s) that I have to write, or would I have to take some courses in my current field to get on par with the Canadian medical system?

Do you people have any suggestions as to me pursuing further education at a university such as U of T. I am open to all kinds of information related to my concern, any kind of information will help, if you people need specific information, just ask me and I will let you know. Thanks a lot for your support.

Members don't see this ad.

taqi2 said:
Hi, my name is Taqi and I was looking for some assistance regarding the following issue. I just arrived from Pakistan with a immigrant visa I would like to know my chances for research in pathology. I have an MCPS degree with 15 years of experience approximately in hematology microbiology biochemistry and parasitology. I have been managing and running medium sized laboratories independently. Do I have any chances to join some research program in the near future?

Simply put, I have just arrived in Canada; I want to know exactly what my options are. I heard various stories from Canada not accepting your education to there not being enough opportunities here. I just need some information on my options. Will they accept my qualification? Is there any exam(s) that I have to write, or would I have to take some courses in my current field to get on par with the Canadian medical system?

Do you people have any suggestions as to me pursuing further education at a university such as U of T. I am open to all kinds of information related to my concern, any kind of information will help, if you people need specific information, just ask me and I will let you know. Thanks a lot for your support.

I spent 6 years in canada before coming in the us to purse a pharmacy carreer..i know first hand how canadian can be picky with foreign diplomas...but again it all depend on what you want to bo..the best advise i can give you is to start looking for a job and see what type of feedaback you are getting..with that many years of experience there should be something out there for you..espcially because it is not a professional degree..also you can go to the local center for integration of new immigrant and talk to them..they are your best ressources..( i know that in Quebec they have such centers to help new immigrants with their options and what they can do with their previous education)....there have to be something like that where you are...look very hard

I have a question..when you talk about university are you talking about "university ofToronto? and what do you want to study there? If you can go for a professional degree that would be the ideal situation,...because after 15 years of experience..you don't have much to prove in lab..and why go back to what you already know..try something new and challenging..otherwise it would be depressing..to be with people you could be teaching to!!!!

wish you the best