New Here....Intro (and, anyone want a good PM & S 36 Residency?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnfootDr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I followed a link here (to the ER forum).

Went to SCPM.

Graduated in 2003.

Did the SCPM funded residency at Cook Co. (PPMR)--

Moved to Aliquippa, PA--did 6 mo. of a PM & S 24 there before CPME withheld approval (the hospital wasn't JACHO certifed).

Worked for someone for 4 months, then got into a good (one of the few remaining PSR-12 programs) residency in Clarion, PA.

Now, looking for a job--I finish the residency in 3 months (started early, so I end early). My attendings here have offered me a job, but the wife isn't sure she wants to live this far from the East coast. ((Anyone know of good positions on the eastern seaboard??)).

And, my boss is nagging me to help him find a new resident. We are not part of the Match process...I am the 3rd resident in the position since it opened--and the prior two were both known to the attendings (so they never got involved in CASPR/CRIP). He wants to make it a PM & S 36 (we EASILY have the rearfoot numbers...I have 85 rearfoot/ankle procedures in 9 months).

Since I saw this forum, I figured I'd post here and ask people who read it to pass it on...figure right now there are some people freaking out that they didn't do well at CRIP, or not sure what they are going to get.

E-mail me if you want more info.... John Foot DPM ((at)) Hotmail.com

(no spaces in the e-mail).

I'm doubting I know many of the SCPM students here on the board...most are now in residency...howver, I've been through a bit and will try to come back occasionally to answer questions. Feel free to e-mail if you have specific questions, or post.

Good Luck...once you are done, it will amaze you how quickly it went by.

John

Members don't see this ad.

JohnfootDr said:
I followed a link here (to the ER forum).

Went to SCPM.

Graduated in 2003.

Did the SCPM funded residency at Cook Co. (PPMR)--

Moved to Aliquippa, PA--did 6 mo. of a PM & S 24 there before CPME withheld approval (the hospital wasn't JACHO certifed).

Worked for someone for 4 months, then got into a good (one of the few remaining PSR-12 programs) residency in Clarion, PA.

Now, looking for a job--I finish the residency in 3 months (started early, so I end early). My attendings here have offered me a job, but the wife isn't sure she wants to live this far from the East coast. ((Anyone know of good positions on the eastern seaboard??)).

And, my boss is nagging me to help him find a new resident. We are not part of the Match process...I am the 3rd resident in the position since it opened--and the prior two were both known to the attendings (so they never got involved in CASPR/CRIP). He wants to make it a PM & S 36 (we EASILY have the rearfoot numbers...I have 85 rearfoot/ankle procedures in 9 months).

Since I saw this forum, I figured I'd post here and ask people who read it to pass it on...figure right now there are some people freaking out that they didn't do well at CRIP, or not sure what they are going to get.

E-mail me if you want more info.... John Foot DPM ((at)) Hotmail.com

(no spaces in the e-mail).

I'm doubting I know many of the SCPM students here on the board...most are now in residency...howver, I've been through a bit and will try to come back occasionally to answer questions. Feel free to e-mail if you have specific questions, or post.

Good Luck...once you are done, it will amaze you how quickly it went by.

John

Hey John,
When you get a chance, send me a pvt message in regards to job positions. Let me know what areas in the Eastern seaboard you are looking for. I am a 3rd year resident and have just finished my job search. I do have some listings of jobs in the eastern seaboard.