New Hanson/Roach Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted4401

Amazon said June 20.
What gives?? Some of us were hoping to get to use it before the test...
-S

Members don't see this ad.

rad onc wikibook is way better. continually updated, concise reviews of studies, with pubmed links if you so desire. (+ it's free)

Members don't see this ad :)
BN.com say July 15th

Springer-Verlag has it available now in PDF form through their beta site, at least through access via my institution.

Springer-Verlag has it available now in PDF form through their beta site, at least through access via my institution.

Good find, same for me. Free pdf!

Bravo, UCSF! Just looked through a few pages, but I can tell its amazing...
Can't wait to actually have the real book
-S

I don't have access to that site. Anyone want to share? :)

Amazon just sent me an email saying it should be delivered between August and October :(..............was really hoping to have it before starting aways.........

bump if you want to share access or the pdf, it would be great to take a look before my preorder ships!

Amazon just sent me an email saying it should be delivered between August and October :(..............was really hoping to have it before starting aways.........

Another update on the estimated delivery date. Contrary to what it says, it's not necessarily sooner, but it does give a narrower window. Two more months! They are really testing my patience.

"We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on April 01 2010. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Eric K. Hansen, Mack Roach "Handbook of Evidence-Based Radiation Oncology"
Previous estimated arrival date: August 10 2010 - October 09 2010
New estimated arrival date: September 14 2010 - September 20 2010

Last edited:
Here's an update at 3:38pm EST from my order placed today from Amazon.com...
----------------------

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on July 13 2010 (Order# *********). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Previous estimated arrival date: September 14 2010 - September 20 2010
New estimated arrival date: July 27 2010 - August 02 2010

Just got a new email, I'm guessing this is the final final shipping date. Also if people hadn't seen this : http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info. Awesome timing for me with this since I'm headed away for away rotations.

Previous estimated arrival date: September 03 2010
New estimated arrival date: July 20 2010 - July 21 2010

A copy arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, not my copy :thumbdown:

Amazon started shipping them this week :thumbup:

This book is really big compared to the last one. It's only going to be a handbook for people with large hands. Not sure it will even fit in my white coat.

That being said, flipping through and to my untrained eye it looks like a great book. Even more essential info than the last edition.

I got my copy today. It is one big pocket book.

Received mine from Amazon last Friday. About 50% thicker than the 1st edition, which makes it more of a great reference book than a great pocket book. It has new and old staging for many disease sites and is (in my opinion) a bit more user-friendly. Overall, I really like it - but I wish it were smaller.

Is it bigger than the purple book? Wow this hand thing sounds like a real concern. Mine are kind of small, too. Small hands means nothing else, though, really :)
-S

But, small feet? Now THAT's a real concern! :D

When the evidence grows, so do the books?