New grad resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plusalpha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm going to graduate DS in May and I'm writing my resume for corp/private practice jobs currently.
My question is, what all should I include in it? I had no intention of specializing from D1 year, so I literally have no extracurricular activities, research, leadership positions, work experience, etc. to describe, so my resume looks incredibly short :(.
Is my contact info, education, and career objective pretty much all that is needed?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I'm going to graduate DS in May and I'm writing my resume for corp/private practice jobs currently.
My question is, what all should I include in it? I had no intention of specializing from D1 year, so I literally have no extracurricular activities, research, leadership positions, work experience, etc. to describe, so my resume looks incredibly short :(.
Is my contact info, education, and career objective pretty much all that is needed?

Thank you

I don't think private or corps really care too much about resume. They should be understanding you're new. As long as you have a license and a pulse, you're good to go.

Reactions: 2 users
The worst ads I hate are the ones that ask for cover letters! Or asking for references especially as a new grad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can put any off-site rotations that you did in dental school on your resume. For your references just put the clinical teachers that you worked with in clinic.

Reactions: 1 users
You can put your hobbies and interests. Maybe some achievements from college if applicable. Did you attend any dental CE or dental conventions while in dental school? Put those. You could also add any CE or meetings you are planning to attend in 2022.

Reactions: 1 user