New format for MCAT in April

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1Faith

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyones feelings were on the new MCAT format for this April? I am going to be taking it in April and am looking foward to see if this new format :rolleyes: will even make a difference.

Members don't see this ad.

The format may change a little, but it is still going to be the same pain in the a$$ its always been. What makes the mcat so difficult is not the material, or format, but the people who take the exam. You are being graded against all your fellow premeds who are a pretty smart bunch, and unless they suddenly get very stupid the test will be just as difficult as ever. Doesn't really matter what format its in. Sucks when they force a population to fit a bell curve, no matter what, 1/2 the people are going to do poorly.

My feelings on the new format... I would like to get a copy of it and use it for toilet paper.

The five less questions on verbal, that's nice... but switching the order of the sections, I don't get that.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:••• The five less questions on verbal, that's nice... ••••I thought that would be an improvement too (same time, less questions), but apparently, it's not that nice because, according to TPR , they are also going to make the questions more difficult. I find this pretty easy to believe; I mean, why would they try to make things easier for anyone as the applicant pool becomes increasingly competitive?

If I am not mistaken, I think the new format is great. Not having to deal with verbal first thing in the morning is an added plus. You can ace the PS section and carry that confidence onto the Verbal section.