New England/Tri State schools with low/med GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floridapt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some PT schools in New England or Tri State area that don't weigh GPA as heavily? My overall is 3.31 and my major is Exercise Science and involves many sciences course above the pre-reqs (such as metabolism I & II, exercise prescription, orgo...). I have 300+ hours in 3 PT fields, involved in clubs, 100+ hours community service, and I'm involved in school sports. I haven't taken GRE yet, but I plan to get high scores. I really love U of NE and Columbia, but do they focus mainly on GRE? Any advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not really sure how these schools use the application info, but here's what I would suggest: call the school.

Remember that the person who answers the phone won't know who you are, they likely arent even involved in the decision making process, and they are there to answers questions. I was curious about this for one of the schools I was applying to, and the straight up told me that they use 5 factors to decide whether they give someone an interview or not. These 5 factors were: Verbal GRE, Quant GRE, AW GRE, Pre-Req GPA, and Cum GPA. Each of these factors are weighed equally.

Some people who go there/applied there might know something about it, but in my opinion it's best to get the info from a faculty member, who can tell you 100% for sure how they do things.

Good Luck!

I was curious about this for one of the schools I was applying to, and the straight up told me that they use 5 factors to decide whether they give someone an interview or not. These 5 factors were: Verbal GRE, Quant GRE, AW GRE, Pre-Req GPA, and Cum GPA. Each of these factors are weighed equally.

Can I ask what school this was? Sounds great for those of us with high GRE scores but are a little lacking in the GPA department.

Can I ask what school this was? Sounds great for those of us with high GRE scores but are a little lacking in the GPA department.

University of South Dakota, but I know for a fact many other schools heavily weigh GRE scores. If you have a school in mind, call their PT dept and ask about it. They are there to help