New EM Residency at Hackensack, NJ Now Interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newEMresidency

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are proud to announce that we are taking applications and interviewing for our new EM Residency Program at Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ. The program is anticipated to begin on 7/1/13. The EM RRC will be meeting on 2/15/13 to make the official decision on the 12 EM resident spots requested per year in our 1-2-3 program.

Located just 8 miles west of Manhattan, HackensackUMC is a nonprofit teaching and research hospital. With 775 inpatient beds, it is the largest provider of healthcare services in the state of New Jersey. It is a Level-2 Emergency trauma center that sees over 111,000 patients per year and admits nearly 1,300 trauma patients per year from the ED. It is also a Stroke Center and a STEMI catherization center with full cardiothoracic surgical capabilities. US News and World Report ranked HackensackUMC #1 overall in the state of New Jersey and #4 out of 184 hospitals in the New York metropolitan area in its most recent July 2012 rankings. HackensackUMC has been named one of America's 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades for six years in a row placing it in the top 1% nationally. In May 2012 we broke ground to renovate our Emergency Department to provide 75 private rooms for our patients. Our department was named one of only 2 New York City metro-area EDs to receive the HealthGrades EM Excellence award. This combination of a thriving, nationally recognized academic institution with a large, diverse volume of Emergency patients offers Emergency Medicine residents an excellent training opportunity.

More information will be on our Website: HackensackUMC.org/EMresidency

Candidates must be a US Citizen or permanent US resident. They must be in their final year of medical school or have graduated within the previous 3 years. We will be participating in the Match but will not appear on it until officially accepted just before the 2/20/13 rank order submission deadline. If you are interested in applying please have your advisor or medical school email [email protected] with the following attachments:

1. CV
2. All USMLE/ COMLEX Scores
3 3 Letters of Recommendation (preferably all EM, but at least 1 EM)
4. Medical School Transcript
5. Dean’s Letter
6. Personal Statement
7. Photo (optional)

Regards,

Doug Finefrock, D.O.
Vice-Chairman, Emergency Department & Trauma Services
Program Director, Emergency Medicine Residency
Hackensack University Medical Center
30 Prospect Avenue
3620 Main Building
Hackensack, NJ 07601

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, who do we contact to verify that our application has been received and is in the review process? I emailed all the appropriate documents weeks ago but haven't heard any response. thank you!!

It it ACGME approved or only a AOA residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I am a US IMG who applied and interviewed at several EM programs, but ultimately my scope of programs was too narrow I believe and ultimately matched to a categorical IM program. I was obviously very disappointed and I still hope to transfer to an EM program. Is this something your program would consider?

Hi, I'm interested in this position. I am an US citizen. I have completed all three USMLE steps and ECFMG certified. Please send me more information and how to apply at [email protected]
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.