Army New CAC after graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnt0711

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had a CAC while in school and it lists my rank as O1. Now I've graduated and bumped up to CPT, so do I need to go get a new ID that says O3 before going to BOLC? Or do I get one there? Or does it just not matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Would you recommend being in your ACU for the picture on the new CAC card? Just curious because my current CAC picture I was in civilian clothes since I didn't have a uniform during school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Speaking CACs, when exactly do you get yours if you went the HPSP route? I've been commissioned, but due to my schools schedule I don't think I'll be going to BOLC until after graduation...will I have to wait until then? Or do you even get them at BOLC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Speaking CACs, when exactly do you get yours if you went the HPSP route? I've been commissioned, but due to my schools schedule I don't think I'll be going to BOLC until after graduation...will I have to wait until then? Or do you even get them at BOLC?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I got my CAC card once I commissioned for the Navy. There is an Army Corp of Engineers office a couple miles away and they can print them off. You could also go to a base if you have one close by. Not sure why it would be different for the Army but you do not have to be active duty or attend BOLC to get it, I'm still in my second year of school and I have not gone to ODS yet. Only thing I use it for is military discounts though.

I got my CAC card once I commissioned for the Navy. There is an Army Corp of Engineers office a couple miles away and they can print them off. You could also go to a base if you have one close by. Not sure why it would be different for the Army but you do not have to be active duty or attend BOLC to get it, I'm still in my second year of school and I have not gone to ODS yet. Only thing I use it for is military discounts though.

You're supposed to get a Green DD2, not a CAC.

You're supposed to get a Green DD2, not a CAC.

I had a tan one of those when I was a dependent for my stepdad who is retired marines, but got a CAC about a year and a half ago right after I commissioned. According to wikipedia the green ones are no longer used and were replaced with a CAC. I learn something new every day lol.

All Hpsp students, in the army at least, qualify for a CAC. There was a special exception memo that said we were allowed one despite being in Irr during school