New Amsterdam TV Show Clip on Forced Opioid Taper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for sharing this, actually was enjoyable. I'll have to check out this show.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wtf is this...I’m really not sure what the message is from this clip

I’m astounded this show hasn’t been canceled yet it looked pretty bad

Reactions: 1 user
I’m astounded this show hasn’t been canceled yet it looked pretty bad

They’re all like that. Greys Anatomy has been on for 47 years now. Have you seen an episode of that? Hard to get through ..

...inspired by Dr. Eric Manheimer's memoir "Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital" and his 15 years as medical director at the hospital.

They’re all like that. Greys Anatomy has been on for 47 years now. Have you seen an episode of that? Hard to get through ..
Greys anatomy makes me want to vomit from the cheesy plot lines and completely wrong medical situations.
First year was kinda ok and then went downhill fast.

I still maintain that the best medical TV show (and ironically the most realistic representation of resident medical life and medical situations) was Scrubs.

Reactions: 7 users
Greys anatomy makes me want to vomit from the cheesy plot lines and completely wrong medical situations.
First year was kinda ok and then went downhill fast.

I still maintain that the best medical TV show (and ironically the most realistic representation of resident medical life and medical situations) was Scrubs.
Scrubs was great, funny show and agree more realistic than other medical shows.

Never seen a full episode of Greys anatomy, but I remember a commercial for an episode back in college with a bomb in someone's chest. Figured it would not be a show I enjoyed.

almost all these medical shows start with good intentions.

case in point, ER. the initial seasons had very realistic stories -mostly because the producers actually went out of their way to talk to ER personnel about real life cases that happened. i know a few of the stories were true.

-------------------------
that tv show episode is just the worst kind of marketing. its like starving pet ads.

1. i did not watch the rest of the episode, and maybe it was discussed - what if it turned out mom was using >90 MED? or >3000 MED? or mixing the oxy with street drugs? after all, she was willing to let her son steal so she could take the oxy. its not that far a stretch to think she was willing to get the pills from anyone else.
2. what if she had low grade osteosarcoma that, say, involved her pinky, and she had it for >10 years? do we all think that it is okay that she be maintained on what appear to be high dose opioids?
3. what if her pain were due to opioid withdrawal and not the primary underlying condition?

with regards to osteosarcoma:
1. number of newly diagnosed osteosarcoma patients a year: <1000
2. typical age group 10-30
3. more commonly male.

that mother of a 20 year old would be atypical individual for developing osteosarcoma.

finally, im going to list all the oncology patients that i know of where an oncologist reduced or stopped opioids, because of the law: