neurology and therapies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuromarck

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an european medical student.
I really love this field, I'm almost sure I want to be a neurologist but
there remains a little doubt.
In addition to becoming a neurologist my main goal is to treat my patients. Do you have satisfaction in the care of your patients or do you think the therapies are still limited for neurological diseases?
I would like to go home knowing I have saved a person from a bad situation, a little 'as happens in the stroke when it is fine but extended in other diseases that I still do not know well
Thank you and sorry for grammatical errors

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm an european medical student.
I really love this field, I'm almost sure I want to be a neurologist but
there remains a little doubt.
In addition to becoming a neurologist my main goal is to treat my patients. Do you have satisfaction in the care of your patients or do you think the therapies are still limited for neurological diseases?
I would like to go home knowing I have saved a person from a bad situation, a little 'as happens in the stroke when it is fine but extended in other diseases that I still do not know well
Thank you and sorry for grammatical errors

MS, migraine, and other pain disorders have more therapies than they know what to do with. PD has therapies that can keep folks looking good for years. Stroke now has two therapies, one medical and the other surgical.

I think you need to define the therapy in terms of the goals. In ALS, like pancreatic cancer and glioblastoma, the patient has a very low 5 year survival. But you can still “save a person from a bad situation” by offering clarity of diagnosis, a comforting presence, symptom control, and disease modification to extend their life.

Reactions: 1 user