neuro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddindoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hiya any thoughts on how to tackle neuro for step 1 ?what to concentrate on???which books???how much time and for those of you who have taken it .was there a lot of questions from it??
thanks+pity+

Members don't see this ad.

Boy, I'm starting to sound like a broken record in this forum, but I would really just focus on First Aid for first year neuro physiology and neuroanatomy. Definitely know everything in First aid on neuroanatomy (ie don't just skim over it, actually memorize everything they have in there), I had a number of questions that required me to know the brachial plexus which is described succintly in first aid. I recall that step up had some good diagrams on CVA's in terms of which arteries were effected. And then I would know the neuro-pathology stuff that's in BRS pathology. For the most part though, focus on first aid and step up.

I agree that knowing all the stuff in 1st Aid, brachial plexus etc. is important. The best neuro review book for step 1 has to be High Yield Neuroanatomy. I believe it is given an A in First Aid for Neuro resources. It has awesome pictures, diagrams, and a bunch of clinical correlations. I read the whole book before studying for the boards in a couple of days and rocked the neuro portion on step 1. It is not terribly expensive at approx 20-25$. Enjoy. Neuro rules.