Net Worth at age 55

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much do you anticipate your net worth will be by age 55?

• Less than 2 million

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • 2-4 million

Votes: 62 23.5%
  • 4-6 million

Votes: 71 26.9%
  • 6-8 million

Votes: 52 19.7%
  • 8-10 million

Votes: 18 6.8%
  • More than 10 million

Votes: 46 17.4%

• Total voters
Damn that is so openly racist and xenophobia that it made me laugh.
So every Hispanic working a leaf blower is an illegal.
😂😂😂

I know the guy and he proudly admits it. The mental gymnastics of waving a Trump flag and hiring illegal immigrants to keep his lawn tidy is awe inspiring at times.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
“The economy needs these people” as an argument to support illegal immigration is really poor. If we need people for a certain part of our economy, we should screen and allow those people in. The EXACT person, with exact qualifications could, and should, be given citizenship or a work visa. letting millions of people across to get some small percent of the correct fit for our economy doesn’t make sense.

Immigration should be divided into 3 parts: (1) refugee - people being targeted and/or endangered in their native country. (2) worker visa - we want those working on cutting edge topics working here (3) Education - want to attract the brightest to learn here and stay here.

How immigration currently is broken down - Dems “if we let in 10s of millions of people, they’ll eventually vote for us and we’ll forever be in control”

Why not just boycott all the businesses that hire undocumented immigrants as loudly and publicly as people did for Bud Light? I assume you are doing that already, though….

Mostly true except refugees should have to stay in the first safe country they enter, which is never this one.
There's been a real shift in what people are requesting asylum for. It used to be political persecution. Now anyone who claims anything "unsafe" in their nation of origin is getting asylum requests seriously entertained.

Gang violence? Poverty? Lack of economic opportunity? Neighbors don't like you because of your race or sexual orientation?

All those things suck, but historically were not really grounds for an asylum claim. They've discovered a loophole (and I don't really blame them) that automatically gets them a court date, eventually.

The system needs reform.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why not just boycott all the businesses that hire undocumented immigrants as loudly and publicly as people did for Bud Light? I assume you are doing that already, though….
The Bud Light boycott was typical MAGA idiocy

But it'd be hard to boycott every supermarket when the entire agriculture/food supply chain is massively dependent upon illegal labor.

You could quit eating, or become a subsistence farmer, I guess.

The problem needs aggressive, punitive, federal enforcement involving fines and prison time for executives running these companies that use illegal labor, coupled with a functional work visa program.

Of course, we'll never get there because Democrats don't really want any checks or controls on immigration, and the MAGA cult has been frothing about rapists and blood polluters replacing white folk for the last 8 years.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s ironic that Dems can claim we’re dependent on cheap immigrant labor to keep food prices down while also arguing that immigrants don’t suppress working class wages. You can’t have it both ways.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s ironic that Dems can claim we’re dependent on cheap immigrant labor to keep food prices down while also arguing that immigrants don’t suppress working class wages. You can’t have it both ways.
Walk us through why exactly those two things are so tightly linked. I fail to see how the price of bananas depresses wages, especially in this day where double minimum wage seems to be the starting point.

The Bud Light boycott was typical MAGA idiocy

But it'd be hard to boycott every supermarket when the entire agriculture/food supply chain is massively dependent upon illegal labor.

You could quit eating, or become a subsistence farmer, I guess.

The problem needs aggressive, punitive, federal enforcement involving fines and prison time for executives running these companies that use illegal labor, coupled with a functional work visa program.

Of course, we'll never get there because Democrats don't really want any checks or controls on immigration, and the MAGA cult has been frothing about rapists and blood polluters replacing white folk for the last 8 years.
Whether I like boycots or not, I have to disagree that it is idiocy. I always say the vote with your wallet is the only vote that matters. And I mean that; your individual vote at the booth, whether people want to hear this or not, is probably about the biggest waste of time efficiency possible. Your single vote has never and will never influence an election. I'm not talking about freedom, voting rights, democracy etc., simply the effectiveness of you taking the time to cast your one vote.

On the other hand your wallet can make changes. Regardless of what you feel about Dylan Mulvaney, I personally thinks he's a complete clown, he has disappeared from site. No business will touch him. I may not typically like boycotts, but they are highly effective.

Regarding that one specific circumstance, I'm not a bar hoping beer drinking guy, but if I was, am I really going to order Bud Light after all of this? Highly doubtful. There's something not very manly about the Dylan Mulvaney charade, so I can't simply call it idiocy.

Whether I like boycots or not, I have to disagree that it is idiocy. I always say the vote with your wallet is the only vote that matters. And I mean that; your individual vote at the booth, whether people want to hear this or not, is probably about the biggest waste of time efficiency possible. Your single vote has never and will never influence an election. I'm not talking about freedom, voting rights, democracy etc., simply the effectiveness of you taking the time to cast your one vote.

On the other hand your wallet can make changes. Regardless of what you feel about Dylan Mulvaney, I personally thinks he's a complete clown, he has disappeared from site. No business will touch him. I may not typically like boycotts, but they are highly effective.

Regarding that one specific circumstance, I'm not a bar hoping beer drinking guy, but if I was, am I really going to order Bud Light after all of this? Highly doubtful. There's something not very manly about the Dylan Mulvaney charade, so I can't simply call it idiocy.
Dylan mulvaney has huge earning potential: he should demand that companies hire him as a consultant and pay him a fat salary to do nothing or he will publicly endorse their products.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
He can retire right now assuming dad/mom aren’t giving it all to charity. That inherited money if invested correctly could be passively generating 10 anesthesiologist salaries in aggressive savings yearly— all at once.
I think he released a song about being a woman that was pretty offensive toward real women, so he’ll probably disappear again.

Trump is not that young either and sounds just as delirious as the 92 year old hip fracture patient I did GA on yesterday. He’s also more likely to die in office because he’s fat. Fat people don’t live long. At least Biden isn’t fat.
my dude, please stay out of the “Texas tech vs EM resident thread”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I know the guy and he proudly admits it. The mental gymnastics of waving a Trump flag and hiring illegal immigrants to keep his lawn tidy is awe inspiring at times.
It reminds me of all the DEI supporters sending their white kids to private schools

It reminds me of all the DEI supporters sending their white kids to private schools

I don’t even know what that means. Why would supporting the DEA influence your school choice? Paying $800 to the DEA every couple of years is pretty annoying, though. My kids go to public school.

• Haha
my dude, please stay out of the “Texas tech vs EM resident thread”

Why? Is it about fat people? Trump is objectively fat and therefore very unlikely to live well into his 80s. I think his father lived into his 90s, which does help his longevity, but I don’t think his father was fat. If there was a bet in Draftkings on who would die first, my money would be on Trump because of his obesity.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Why? Is it about fat people? Trump is objectively fat and therefore very unlikely to live well into his 80s. I think his father lived into his 90s, which does help his longevity, but I don’t think his father was fat. If there was a bet in Draftkings on who would die first, my money would be on Trump because of his obesity.
It is most definitely about fat people.

Dementia is a fate worse than death.

Maybe not. It is horrific for those who witness their loved one to become demented (been there). For the affected person, assuming their physical needs are met...might not be terrible. No way to know.

Maybe not. It is horrific for those who witness their loved one to become demented (been there). For the affected person, assuming their physical needs are met...might not be terrible. No way to know.
Was terrible for my grandmother. Hallucinations, paranoia, severe distress due to confusion and disorientation. She begged for death for months before she finally passed.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users

Diagnosing dementia is a lot more difficult than the purely objective obesity diagnosis. At bare minimum both Trump and Biden show age appropriate cognitive slowing. Trump has what seems like bouts of delirium, but then again, so does much of his MAGA cult.

• Okay...
It is most definitely about fat people.

Just took a look…not touching that one with a ten foot pole. I saw the word “fatophobia” and closed it quickly. I’ll stick with the “Biden is demented, Trump is fat and delirious, immigrants are raping all the women, and you need $10 million to retire ($30 million when accounting for inflation)” insanity instead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Diagnosing dementia is a lot more difficult than the purely objective obesity diagnosis. At bare minimum both Trump and Biden show age appropriate cognitive slowing. Trump has what seems like bouts of delirium, but then again, so does much of his MAGA cult.
There's a lot negative to say about Trump, but putting him on Biden's level of cognitive decline is just dishonest.

Here’s a look at how much income a family of four needs to live comfortably in the five most-expensive states:

1. Massachusetts: $301,184
  2. Hawaii: $294,611
  3. Connecticut: $279,885
  4. New York: $278,970
  5. California: $276,723

There's a lot negative to say about Trump, but putting him on Biden's level of cognitive decline is just dishonest.
"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said during a Saturday rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, in what was his first campaign event in the battleground state. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued.

"Gettysburg, wow—I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch," he said. "And the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor—did you ever notice it? He's no longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his great general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late."

The printed word disguises much of the absolute rambling insane flavor of the delivery. Go watch the video.

"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said during a Saturday rally in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, in what was his first campaign event in the battleground state. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued.

"Gettysburg, wow—I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch," he said. "And the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor—did you ever notice it? He's no longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his great general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late."

The printed word disguises much of the absolute rambling insane flavor of the delivery. Go watch the video.
Biden and Trump are both horrific. Just in different ways.

Compare that nonsense with Biden's latest State of the Union - which included quite a few off-teleprompter remarks in response to Republican heckling

Biden and Trump are both horrific. Just in different ways.

This kind of both-sides-ism is simply disingenuous. They aren't remotely comparable in terms of their cognitive states.

One of the most disturbing things about politics in the last few years is that some of you are willing to look past all manner of incompetence, the revolving door caravan of clowns tracking **** through his administration, credible allegations of criminal acts, at least one rape, and simple petty childish spitefulness, all in the name of "policy" ...

When "policy" is some thing so nebulous, that in the 2020 election he and what was left of the GOP couldn't even be bothered to publish or articulate an actual platform.

Saying something completely of the wall is not a sign of cognitive decline. Otherwise the overwhelming majority of all the idiots around us are in cognitive decline. I wouldn't be surprised if you found Trump having a similar bizarre rambling in his 20s at the peak of his "intellectual powers."

Last edited:
This kind of both-sides-ism is simply disingenuous. They aren't remotely comparable in terms of their cognitive states.

One of the most disturbing things about politics in the last few years is that some of you are willing to look past all manner of incompetence, the revolving door caravan of clowns tracking **** through his administration, credible allegations of criminal acts, at least one rape, and simple petty childish spitefulness, all in the name of "policy" ...

When "policy" is some thing so nebulous, that in the 2020 election he and what was left of the GOP couldn't even be bothered to publish or articulate an actual platform.
My question is how can you not have the same level of disgust and anger towards the entire Biden camp? It makes no sense to me the level of people's disgust for Trump's perversions, corruptness, lying, age, idiocy, lack of class, racism and whatever else when every single one of those categories is at least matched and typically well exceeded by Biden, but then have the most minimal of complaints for Resthome Joe?

I'm not going to sit here for example and rant and rave about Joe Biden's lies throughout history, the law school great star, college student of the century, the Cornpop Brawl for it All, his son's "business" etc, and then turn around and act like Trump is Honest Abe that never told a lie.

So then it's not valid for the R to claim Biden has decline based on his ramblings? I don't know why I even care to comment because, as has been stated multiple times, no one is going to have their mind changed by someone else on an online forum. My bias should be obvious, but I marvel at the hold Trump has over his followers. As has been pointed out objectively by many, he is a truly awful human being. He is unkind, unfunny, uncurious, of marginal intelligence aside from his uncanny ability to say things that rile people's emotions, disloyal, opportunistic, and the list goes on. And these aren't judgements; these qualities are easily detected merely from his public behavior. And yet so many people believe in him to the point of messianism. Because he lowered taxes (which dramatically raised the deficit, which the same people claim to care about so much)? I don't get it and I'm sure I never will, but my point I guess is that it is worth paying attention to? Like, how does he do it? He can't possibly have dirt on ALL the people who supplicate him, can he?

My question is how can you not have the same level of disgust and anger towards the entire Biden camp? It makes no sense to me the level of people's disgust for Trump's perversions, corruptness, lying, age, idiocy, lack of class, racism and whatever else when every single one of those categories is at least matched and typically well exceeded by Biden, but then have the most minimal of complaints for Resthome Joe?
See, this is what I mean, and I think what PGG is getting at. Biden's perversions? He hugged someone from behind on camera once and it looked a little awkward. Trump raped a women in a department store. Corruptness? They've been looking at Biden for years to try to find something to stick, and Trump has like 90 felony charges against him. So is Biden the greatest crime mastermind of the generation, or is he th bumbling fool the R so often claims? Racism? Are you for real? I just don't get what Trump has over people. But again, I guess I'm biased because I vote democrat.

So then it's not valid for the R to claim Biden has decline based on his ramblings? I don't know why I even care to comment because, as has been stated multiple times, no one is going to have their mind changed by someone else on an online forum. My bias should be obvious, but I marvel at the hold Trump has over his followers. As has been pointed out objectively by many, he is a truly awful human being. He is unkind, unfunny, uncurious, of marginal intelligence aside from his uncanny ability to say things that rile people's emotions, disloyal, opportunistic, and the list goes on. And these aren't judgements; these qualities are easily detected merely from his public behavior. And yet so many people believe in him to the point of messianism. Because he lowered taxes (which dramatically raised the deficit, which the same people claim to care about so much)? I don't get it and I'm sure I never will, but my point I guess is that it is worth paying attention to? Like, how does he do it? He can't possibly have dirt on ALL the people who supplicate him, can he?
I would say you simply aren't grasping the situation. The media and justice system covers for and backs your side so you willfully ignore that. You're not connecting with those outraged by this, similar to those who were tired of England's oppressive government and left to find a better land to start over. Trump is hardly ideal, but he is an alternative to what people are sick of and he actually flights back. People like that.

See, this is what I mean, and I think what PGG is getting at. Biden's perversions? He hugged someone from behind on camera once and it looked a little awkward. Trump raped a women in a department store. Corruptness? They've been looking at Biden for years to try to find something to stick, and Trump has like 90 felony charges against him. So is Biden the greatest crime mastermind of the generation, or is he th bumbling fool the R so often claims? Racism? Are you for real? I just don't get what Trump has over people. But again, I guess I'm biased because I vote democrat.
Your last sentence is correct. Complete denial.

I would say you simply aren't grasping the situation. The media and justice system covers for and backs your side so you willfully ignore that. You're not connecting with those outraged by this, similar to those who were tired of England's oppressive government and left to find a better land to start over. Trump is hardly ideal, but he is an alternative to what people are sick of and he actually flights back. People like that.
but I mean, is that TRUE? Like, don't both sides appoint judges over time? And there are media outlets on both sides. I guess I can grasp that people want "change," whatever that is, but independent of whatever persecution you believe Trump is facing and Biden is skirting, the actual, true, observable behavior of these two people is so wildly different, with one being so objectively mean and awful. I don't know, it's just confusing to me.

Your last sentence is correct. Complete denial.
but if that's true, then aren't you potentially in just as much denial about the truth (hey, maybe there ISN'T some conspiracy against trump and he's just a thug and criminal and dope like the left wing media says) because of how you vote? Like, why is my bias worse than yours?

but I mean, is that TRUE? Like, don't both sides appoint judges over time? And there are media outlets on both sides. I guess I can grasp that people want "change," whatever that is, but independent of whatever persecution you believe Trump is facing and Biden is skirting, the actual, true, observable behavior of these two people is so wildly different, with one being so objectively mean and awful. I don't know, it's just confusing to me.
91 indictments to Zero.
Acting like this means all of Biden's corruptness must be legit is acting like OJ is innocent because the jury didn't convict him. There's a big difference between what is fact and what is the outcome of a corrupt justice system. You're ok with this because for some reason you like Joe Biden. But you should then never complain when corruption and injustice work against you.

91 indictments to Zero.
Acting like this means all of Biden's corruptness must be legit is acting like OJ is innocent because the jury didn't convict him. There's a big difference between what is fact and what is the outcome of a corrupt justice system. You're ok with this because for some reason you like Joe Biden. But you should then never complain when corruption and injustice work against you.
but a jury DID convict him, on civil charges. I hear what you're saying, I guess, in that we all might have a blind side based on our values, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to acknowledge the same. Like, you're so certain there's all this corruption (that no one has yet found) that I'm naive to, given my bias, but maybe your bias is why you're seeing it in the first place.

Second, it also seems (feel free to correct me) that your evidence of a corrupt justice system is the fact that Trump has been charged and Biden never has. But isn't that just circular logic? Like, I don't believe Trump did it, so the fact that there are these charges must mean the system is corrupt? Again, aren't there judges and DAs and the like on both sides? They're political appointees, no? So like, why do you believe the justice system is so biased against Trump? It SEEMS like a bias to me. I like this guy and he's getting charged, so the charges must be bogus. Which brings me back to my question of why my bias is somehow worse than yours.

but a jury DID convict him, on civil charges. I hear what you're saying, I guess, in that we all might have a blind side based on our values, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to acknowledge the same. Like, you're so certain there's all this corruption (that no one has yet found) that I'm naive to, given my bias, but maybe your bias is why you're seeing it in the first place.

Second, it also seems (feel free to correct me) that your evidence of a corrupt justice system is the fact that Trump has been charged and Biden never has. But isn't that just circular logic? Like, I don't believe Trump did it, so the fact that there are these charges must mean the system is corrupt? Again, aren't there judges and DAs and the like on both sides? They're political appointees, no? So like, why do you believe the justice system is so biased against Trump? It SEEMS like a bias to me. I like this guy and he's getting charged, so the charges must be bogus. Which brings me back to my question of why my bias is somehow worse than yours.
You keep trying to paint me as a Trump fan because I point out the hypocrisy. Go after both fairly or go after neither.

Hillary deleted 33,000 emails.
Biden has stuff all over his garage.
Trump kept it in Mar a Lago.
Which one is in hot water? I'm shocked.

I know, tell me all the force fed talking points and fine hair splitting how these are vastly different... 🙄 And let's not even go to how partisan and bias the media is. They're still baselessly calling the laptop Russian and Trump a Putin spy, when in reality the Bidens have collected money from Russia and elsewhere and nobody cares.

Honestly, it's boring to debate when people are so partisan and can't be objective. You'd be amazed how many people still cling to OJ being innocent.

You keep trying to paint me as a Trump fan because I point out the hypocrisy. Go after both fairly or go after neither.

I know, tell me all the force fed talking points and fine hair splitting how these are vastly different... 🙄 And let's not even go to how partisan and bias the media is. They're still baselessly calling the laptop Russian and Trump a Putin spy, when in reality the Bidens have collected money from Russia and elsewhere and nobody cares.

Honestly, it's boring to debate when people are so partisan and can't be objective. You'd be amazed how many people still cling to OJ being innocent.
You forgot to include Mike Spence. See what I did there!

Last edited:
You forgot to put Mike Spence. See what I did there!
What did he do? Our politics are so F'd I don't keep up on a lot of it. Seems pointless. Whoever you pick will do the will of the people which is more free s*** with less taxes collected.

What did he do? Our politics are so F'd I don't keep up on a lot of it. Seems pointless. Whoever you pick will do the will of the people which is more free s*** with less taxes collected.
He also had classified records. The difference between him, Biden, and trump, was that when the feds inquired, the former two cooperated and returned the documents and the third did not.

But these aren't really arguments any more than anything I said; they're just statements of your beliefs. My point and my question stand: why are you so sure that things you believe aren't the result of your political bias, but the things I believe are?

He also had classified records. The difference between him, Biden, and trump, was that when the feds inquired, the former two cooperated and returned the documents and the third did not.
The poster knows they aren't the same even if he/she is blinded by partisan politics

Last edited:

Truly deep legal analysis here.

She literally LOST THE 2016 ELECTION because of the FBI's public comments concerning the investigation just prior to the election.

Now I'm with you, and think it's obvious she had illegal and nefarious intent in using that private email server, obviously to evade oversight and federal record keeping laws.

But you're lying if you're arguing that her acts didn't get scrutiny.

Not even remotely the same conduct or response.

If you think they're comparable, you're a partisan hack.

The poster did not even know anything about Mike Pence classified document case. That tells you he/she is getting news from one source.

Good blog post on the competing legal theories likely to be advanced in Trump's ongoing criminal trial.

lol you aren’t serious are you?😂

She literally LOST THE 2016 ELECTION because of the FBI's public comments concerning the investigation just prior to the election.

Now I'm with you, and think it's obvious she had illegal and nefarious intent in using that private email server, obviously to evade oversight and federal record keeping laws.

But you're lying if you're arguing that her acts didn't get scrutiny.

And what became of Hilary's shenanigans? Absolutely nothing.

But right back at you, anybody that thinks Trump's $130,000 paid to a w**** is worthy of 34 indictments but Biden's 20 shell companies to hide millions of dollars of payments from not friendly countries in exchange for influence pedaling aren't worthy of anything illegal... well, you're just a partisan hack 🤷‍♂️

Or are we still pretending Biden is clean because the media and his justice department say so

The poster did not even know anything about Mike Pence classified document case. That tells you he/she is getting news from one source.
Actually he doesn't care enough to bother and knows you're fed constant bogus slant by only listening to one source. It's really not worth my time to dig through the weeds. Will it matter? Will the media and politics clean up in my lifetime? I have no allegiance to either side as opposed to you thinking everyone that dislikes Joe Biden must be an Alex Jones clone.

Actually he doesn't care enough to bother and knows you're fed constant bogus slant by only listening to one source. It's really not worth my time to dig through the weeds. Will it matter? Will the media and politics clean up in my lifetime? I have no allegiance to either side as opposed to you thinking everyone that dislikes Joe Biden must be an Alex Jones clone.
You can hate Biden as much as you want, but be informed at least.