nervous

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frizzielizzie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay- my dat academic is 19, but my pat is only 16. my gpa is 3.2 my sci gpa is 3.1.....you thinik i'll get in? :confused:

also-i applied in like august and i only have one interview so far, is this normal?

Members don't see this ad.

getting an interview is good. just make sure u make a good impression.

frizzielizzie said:
okay- my dat academic is 19, but my pat is only 16. my gpa is 3.2 my sci gpa is 3.1.....you thinik i'll get in? :confused:

also-i applied in like august and i only have one interview so far, is this normal?

No, its not normal. You are a bit lucky to have got an interview after applying "late", and scoring "average" but still its all good. Don't stress, it will do you no good.

786mine said:
No, its not normal. You are a bit lucky to have got an interview after applying "late", and scoring "average" but still its all good. Don't stress, it will do you no good.

hey i might have scored "average' but i scored 2 pts higher than you so stop being so condescending

Members don't see this ad :)
frizzielizzie said:
hey i might have scored "average' but i scored 2 pts higher than you so stop being so condescending

The two points between a 17 and a 19 are huge. Probably at least a 10-20 question difference. Don't despair about interviews, just wait and see what happens. The fact that you have at least one already is a good sign. Most schools' AA average is below 19 anyway.

frizzielizzie said:

stop being so condescending?! get a reality grip. this is just an online forum, no need to turn it into a pissing contest.

oldboy said:
The two points between a 17 and a 19 are huge. Probably at least a 10-20 question difference. Don't despair about interviews, just wait and see what happens. The fact that you have at least one already is a good sign. Most schools' AA average is below 19 anyway.

how is 17 to 19 difference is 10~20 questions?

joonkimdds said:
how is 17 to 19 difference is 10~20 questions?

The DAT is scored on a logarithmic scale. So, the difference between a 17 AA and a 19 seems only to be two points, but really it is far more than 2 points. Just look at the percentile differences between the two scores. A 17 is probably close to 55 or 60th percentile where a 19 is closer to 75 or 80th percentile. The difference between say a 25 and a 26 may only be three or four questions at most, hence the extreme difficultly of acquiring such a score. A 26 (probably ~99.8ish percentile) is an impressive score, but if you have a 25 (probably ~99.3ish percentile) you're not far behind that 26 [6 tenths of a percentile or so]. A 17 compared to a 19 however is a much different story. Once you get a 20 or above you are in that upper 10-15% in the nation.